Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Sooooo... Who's going to the 3 day Parsippany, NJ show? Sept. 5th-7th

I'll be there all three days... I have two tables and will be shaing one of them with our own Barberman55 with all his great Seated and Barber coins!!!

Soooo... who else will be there?image
Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image

Comments

• Options
    SLQSLQ Posts: 311 ✭✭
    I'll be doing some browsing there on Saturday.
  • Options
    tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    I hope to go. what day will be best?
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • Options

<< <i>I hope to go. what day will be best? >>

If your want list is very specific and consists of coins that are not always easy to find... then the first day is always best... Friday 2-7 after a dealer set up from 10-2...

Saturday... 10-7... is usually the busiest... but I never saw it get so crowded last year that you couldn't walk comfortably down the aisles...

Sunday...10-4... is pretty mellow with most activity slowing down between noon and 1:00... and dealers beginning to slowly pack up...
    Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • Options
    I'll be there all three days. I have a table.

Saturday and Sunday I will have my son there with me. So stop by...

njcc
    www.numismaticamericana.com
  • Options
    TTT for the Labor Day folks...image
  • Options
    Shoot, Ill be in Dirty Jersey on the 10th.... image Figures. I guess Ill just have to deal with some of my old coin shops...image
    Looking for Au Classic Commems...
    Also looking for VF-EF Seated halves.

Sell me your old auction catalogs...image
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Ill be there Saturday and Sunday!
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    We'll see...
  • Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    My shoes have been shined, my shirt will be pressed this evening. I will pick up my smoking jacket on Friday afternoon from the dry cleaners to don for this wonderful event.

Maybe Laura of Legend will be spied again this yearimage
  • Options
    sTONERsTONER Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭
    not sure if i can make it, but you git a bumper my friend
    toner loner
  • Options

<< <i>My shoes have been shined, my shirt will be pressed this evening. I will pick up my smoking jacket on Friday afternoon from the dry cleaners to don for this wonderful event.

Maybe Laura of Legend will be spied again this yearimage >>

Don't forget to shower.image
  • Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    Nope...I will not be there. The Adirondack Nationals car show in Lake George (once a year) takes precidence over a monthly show of any kind...plus I know I will get to Coinfest in November, at least that's the plan now...will be in Ohio for the October show but maybe I will make one by the end of the year!
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    DaveGDaveG Posts: 3,535
    I'm hoping to be there on Saturday!

Check out the Southern Gold Society

• Options
    I just spent a week yesterday in Jersey but I'm 5 hours away now, If I had next weekend off I could use the old tryed and tested excuse that I was going down to see my youngest but I'm working the next 6 days. Maybe next time.

Dan
    U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Working Indian Point Nuclear plant Buchanan New York

">Franklin Halves
    ">Kennedy Halves
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My shoes have been shined, my shirt will be pressed this evening. I will pick up my smoking jacket on Friday afternoon from the dry cleaners to don for this wonderful event.

Maybe Laura of Legend will be spied again this yearimage >>

Don't forget to shower.image >>

Thanks for reminding me Ken. As it turns out, Friday is my regular 'shower day' so I will be fresh and clean on Friday, maybe not so much on Sundayimage
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

What's up with the pouty frown there Longacre?

Are you upset with all this shower talk... or is it because you can't make the show?

Heck...when I saw that you had posted to this thread, I was about to call a press conference to make sure everyone knew you (and your entourageimage ...) would be in attendance...

• Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>image >>

What's up with the pouty frown there Longacre?

Are you upset with all this shower talk... or is it because you can't make the show?

Heck...when I saw that you had posted to this thread, I was about to call a press conference to make sure everyone knew you (and your entourageimage ...) would be in attendance...

image >>

image Hope to see you at the CoinFest!
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    lkrarecoinslkrarecoins Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭
    im trying to get there for at least one day...i'll be sure to stop by and say hello, Larry image
    In Loving Memory of my Dad......My best friend, My inspiration, and My Coin Collecting Partner

"La Vostra Nonna Ha Faccia Del Fungo"
  • Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭✭
    ttt
  • Options
    UltraHighReliefUltraHighRelief Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ttt >>

does that mean you are going?
  • Options
    For anyone who may have missed it... TTT

Starting tommorrow... image
  • Options
    I hope to be there on Saturday, but I have a question for the gang. If Hurricane Hanna hits on Saturday, do you think the show will still be on full swing? I don't want to drive there for nothing...
  • Options

<< <i>I hope to be there on Saturday, but I have a question for the gang. If Hurricane Hanna hits on Saturday, do you think the show will still be on full swing? I don't want to drive there for nothing... >>

Yes, we ain't scared of a little rain, we could actually use some, the lawn's starting to turn brownimage
  • Options
    As long as it's just rain (or even heavy rain), I'd think the show would be on.

If it's like a typical Parsippany show, most of the dealers will be locals, so they'll probably be there.

If it keeps many of the collectors away, you might even get some bargains!

• Options
    Well, I took a 10-minute ride after work to go down and check out the show for the last hour. Pulled into the parking lot @ 6:05pm.

Went inside and all of the tables were covered with chairs on top of them.

Had a 50 minute ride back home in heavy Friday afternoon trafficimage

Why does the show website say that the show goes until 7:00pm when it doesn't......

imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Well, I took a 10-minute ride after work to go down and check out the show for the last hour. Pulled into the parking lot @ 6:05pm.

Why does the show website say that the show goes until 7:00pm when it doesn't......

imageimageimageimageimageimage >>

imageimage hope they are there tomorrow even if it rains ( it is a long drive for me)
    steve

myCCset
  • Options

<< <i>Well, I took a 10-minute ride after work to go down and check out the show for the last hour. Pulled into the parking lot @ 6:05pm.

imageimageimageimageimageimage >>

So sorry, Rob... had every intention of staying BUT as of 5pm the place was missing one important element for a coin show... CUSTOMERS... seriously...

The show was slow to moderate all afternoon but emptied out around 5...we (the dealers) all looked at each other, shrugged our shoulders and started to close up...

Right now the weather report is calling for rain and some thunder-bumpers...with the heaviest rains coming tommorrow evening and night...

Don't worry...there will be a show...image
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my understanding is that they did not let Joe Public in until 2pm.... there was a good crowd for about 1 hour and then it got quiet..... I would think that Sun will be a busy day...

We have the 1st 2 tables right when you walk in...so please stop over and say hi.... lots of NEWPS but your gonna have to ask since many of the coins are in double row boxes behind us.... there are just too many to put out!

PS: Its Morris Birthday so wish him a happy!
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's in the wrong part of the country for me, but I understand Oreville will some of my old coins there.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    KISHU1KISHU1 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭
    I will have a table there on Sunday, & will have a green sign saying "Buying Silver & Gold" Please come by and say hi!

Frankimage
  • Options
    I think I'll stop in this morning.image
  • Options

<< <i>So sorry, Rob... had every intention of staying BUT as of 5pm the place was missing one important element for a coin show... CUSTOMERS... seriously...

The show was slow to moderate all afternoon but emptied out around 5...we (the dealers) all looked at each other, shrugged our shoulders and started to close up...

Right now the weather report is calling for rain and some thunder-bumpers...with the heaviest rains coming tommorrow evening and night...

Don't worry...there will be a show...image >>

Larry, No need for you to apologize! If it was dead it was dead, I wouldn't want to stay either. Obviously I was just a little annoyed last night about sitting in traffic for nearly an hour, the clutch is a pain in stop-and-goimage

No worries, I'll just go down there tomorrow morning. image
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    how was the action today?

all dealers there tomorrow AM?
  • Options
    Today was quiet for the most part. A few dealers weren't there today. From what I heard, business was moderate but overall good. It started pouring around 4pm, so I think most would have left by then. Tomorrow a lot more dealers will be present and it will be a zoo until 1pm.

I had some nice pickups, but I'll post everything tomorrow.

Ankur
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,861 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very slow imo, not much in dealer cases.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    I enjoyed it. Didn't seem crowded to me. I did notice a couple empty tables. I had no problem getting thru the aisles or seeing dealer inventory.
    Met a few people there. Sat in on a YN program with my son Mike (10). GoldenEyeNumismatics participated
    in the program and was very nice. Picked up a few items for my son and myself.
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seemed quite slow.....several empty tables and the front room was not opened...think the rain storm scared everyone away....however there were some really nice coins around....I know I bought some great deals....and saw a lot of interesting pieces on the floor....surprized by the comment above about not much in dealers cases???

stop bye...we are the 1st two tables at front door on your left when you walk in..... we also have a lot of bullion gold eagles, krands, pandas, peso's on sale at the lowest prices in the show.... (while they last)

Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    I couldn't make it today - too many errands, but I should be there tomorrow morning!

• Options
    I met NJ Coin Crank today and some of his GORGEOUS Medals! And also met dwsws for the first time and sold him some silver. Also said howdy to seaeaglecoins and scarsdalecoin.

Will be there tomorrow, not sure when.
    Ankur
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
  • Options
    SLQSLQ Posts: 311 ✭✭
    It was very easy to look at every table in detail due to the low volume of customers. My wife dropped me off
    for 1 1/2 hours. I was done with my usual scan for slabbed Standing Liberty quarters in 30 minutes. I found some other nice items after I realized I had plenty of time left. I heard from one dealer that the impending weather caused some non-local dealers to call it quits for the weekend. This was the most mellow coin show I've ever been to. I didn't miss the crowds of customers, but there were a few empty tables. Overall, I had a great time.
  • Options
    I put my show report into a separate thread:

Show Report

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file