Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

WTB: Neutron Irradiated Dimes

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to do a set of these Roosevelts. I could also do with a Mercury if you've got it. image I'm looking for the aluminum encased variety, not the plastic ones from the '64 world's fair.

Please send me an image and your asking price if you have one for sale. Thanks! image
Zach

Comments

• Options
    zrlevinzrlevin Posts: 734 ✭✭✭
    Zach
  • Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭
    PM sent
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one- it is a '46 Roosie, and as I recall, it is in a metallic holder, not plastic.

Lemme find it and I will PM you.

Edit to add scan, which I will also PM. As with most scans, they "flatten" out toning and luster. In hand the coin in this piece is not really lustrous, being lower grade, but is brighter. And there is more of the gold toning which the scan only hints at.

Cool little piece. I grabbed it from the pick bin at a Macon, GA coin show this January. I find myself drawn more to cheaper "oddball" things like this these days.

Price? I have no idea. I'll let you name that, when you respond to my PM.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Please post a value...I have a cpl, not for sale, but would like to have an idea...
    Thanks !!
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options

<< <i>Please post a value...I have a cpl, not for sale, but would like to have an idea...
    Thanks !! >>

I'm not exactly sure myself, but I'd say somewhere between $5 and $8.

I've decided to do a date set of these, so keep em coming!
    Zach
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, I think I paid three bucks for mine out of a bulk bin (four, tops), and I just accepted his $6.50 offer on it.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I now have the following dates:

1946, 49, 54, and 56. Does anyone have any others?
    Zach
  • Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Send me what you want done and I will take them in with me then you can have fresh one'simage

Dan
    U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Working Indian Point Nuclear plant Buchanan New York

">Franklin Halves
    ">Kennedy Halves
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like those buggers and paid more than that 5-8 buck range for this:
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    I have 1 Merc and 1 Roosy, I'll post pics when I get a chance. Thanks guys.
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08