Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

More ball help...

First off, I know this is a terrible scan, but the only camera I have access to is in use by a co-worker.

With as poor as the scan is, is there any chance this is authentic? I don't think it's a pre-print, but there is some fading to some sigs that gives them a look that's just "off."

Specifically, does that Jackson signature match any autopen or pre-print examples known?
Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com

Comments

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    looks hand signed (as opposed to a facsimile ball) but that Jackson is a 'clubhouse' signature...Reggie normally signed team balls on the label as well....
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Roger that. I knew something wasn't quite right.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like a California Angels ball from around 1983-86. Reggie played for the Angels from 1982-86. The signature below Reggie's is Rob Wilfong, who played for the Angels from 1983-86.

I also agree that the Reggie is very likely not genuine.

Steve
  • Options
    Thanks for the information.
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    I agree with the Reggie auto. Still a nice ball.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    I was given a large lot of late '70s through mid-'80s signed and fascimilie Angles autos. This was the only one with "Reggie" present, but I knew it didn't look like anything authentic that I had seen. I was hoping it was a variation I didn't know about! Wishful thinking!