Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Opinions?

I am looking for 57, #407, in at least 7. Came across item 310077980460 (cannot link - no skill). Besides the centering and wax stains, do the top two corners look peculiar? Thanks to anyone who can link. Sorry, just looking for opinions.

Comments

• Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    The seller is a member here, I think his name is Sean. Never heard anything bad about him and toolhaus says his only problem feedback out of over 8000 are 2 complaints from someone who was given COAs that didn't specifically mention the player.

He gave a good scan of front and back, there's no surprises as you know what you're getting. It's not a high-grade 7 so it's probably not going to bump to a 7.5.

But the most important things you have to remember when buying graded cards are -

KNOW YOUR SELLER

BUY THE CARD NOT THE HOLDER!

If you're uncomfortable with either it's best to walk away. If you don't like the centering, the minor wax, and the corners, you won't be happy with it so it's not the card for you. You can trust the seller.

• Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    jimq, do you have a link to the auction?
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    To be honest, for a 7, I don't like it. Everyone has their own tastes in eye appeal, but for me I would want something a little stronger.
  • Options
    262Runner262Runner Posts: 606 ✭✭✭
    LINK

Looks fine to me, maybe a bit off-center however.

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
    Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)

• Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    The last 2 PSA 7s with similar centering sold for around $375, which is probably a reasonable price for this card.

I personally don't care for off-centered cards, but to each his own.

The more I stare at the top 2 corners, the more they look a little dog-eared, but it could just be the way it's sitting in the holder???

PoppaJ