Home PSA Set Registry Forum

PSA Awards Received

I didn't see anyone else note, but I got my two PSA (certificate) awards today.

Last year I got one, and it was given to "Mark" which was pretty lame. At least this year they used the set name "Mark's Cards." Much better.

When they give these out at the dinners, do they just read the who it is to. Can't imagine them asking last year, "Is Mark here?"
Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.

Comments

• recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    Got mine today too.
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Got mine yesterday. The email each year and ask how you want to be named on your award, if you don't reply they give it the same name you have on your registry set.

At the luncheon they only give out the set of the year awards in the major categories (eg Best Vintage set, best postwar set, etc) and only to those that have rsvp'd that they would be at the event. I think there were about 6 given out this year in person.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• cuda440cuda440 Posts: 150 ✭✭
    got mine yesterday. of course, it was creased in about 3 places thanks to the post office

would have been nice had it been placed between 2 cardboards. oh well.
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>Got mine yesterday. The email each year and ask how you want to be named on your award, if you don't reply they give it the same name you have on your registry set.

At the luncheon they only give out the set of the year awards in the major categories (eg Best Vintage set, best postwar set, etc) and only to those that have rsvp'd that they would be at the event. I think there were about 6 given out this year in person. >>

Thanks for the note. I don't really care too much, just thought it was weird that that would put "Mark" as the awardee last year. Which is not the name of any set I have, nor did I reply, but it is all good. I thought it might be cause I am not a paid member so maybe they didn't have all my info or something.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • downtowndowntown Posts: 671 ✭✭✭
    I did not get one this year...but this is mine from last year (JC Martin Basic set) and I had JC sign it.

I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
    Doug
  • MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭

<< <i>I did not get one this year...but this is mine from last year (JC Martin Basic set) and I had JC sign it.

image >>

Cool downtown. Did he know what a PSA card was?

PS: I liked your old icon better. It fit "downtown" better.
  • downtowndowntown Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Cool downtown. Did he know what a PSA card was? >>

Not sure he knows about the grading, but he know I collect his cards. He was my college coach and I stay in contact with him. Give him some items too when I come across them. I also have all his Basic cards signed and may slab them someday to register them as well.

<< <i>PS: I liked your old icon better. It fit "downtown" better. >>

I did too...I think it was removed so I had to go with the Cubs.

"This is the Year!"
    I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
    Doug
  • I received 41 certificates in perfect condition-- Thanks REGISTRY LADIES-- TONY image
    Rangerman / ARMEDPILOT

B)
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, got mine today, rolled up like a newspaper. Gotta be a better way to send a sheet of paper out in a thin envelope!!
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I got mine this weekend for my Will Clark rookie set. image
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • I got my plaque and certificates as well. They are beautiful. Thanks ladies!
    BrentR

1984 Donruss Basic/Master #1 100% 2008 Modern Set Award
    Cal Ripken Jr. Rookie Set 100%
    Ken Griffey Jr. Rookie Set #1T All 10-100%
    Randy Johnson Rookie Set #1T All 10-100%
    Frank Thomas Rookie Set #1T All 10-100%
    Sammy Sosa Rookie Set #1T All 10-100%
    Jeff Bagwell Rookie Set #1 100%
    1993 Finest Promos #1T 100%