Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

FSH: Lots of medals, some tokens, and a brass foot (!) (mostly Darkside)

I bought a large lot of tokens and medals because it had a few pieces that I particularly wanted... and now I have lots of pieces that I don't particularly want. I could post these on eBay, but then I have to write up long descriptions, and I don't want to go through that effort for items that are outside my collecting focus.

So let's see if I can go the "minimal pain" route: I'd like to sell EVERYTHING in this post for a total of SOLD - thanks for the interest, including shipping within the US. As far as I can figure, that ought to be a good deal for someone who does collect (or deal in) this sort of stuff.

Pictures should all be to the same scale. The first lead medal is 3 inches wide. These aren't exactly ordered, but I think I put the more valuable ones closer to the top.

Lead copy of the reverse of the Prize Medal awarded at the 1851 Crystal Palace exposition in London. I have no idea of the purpose of this item. Note two large chunks missing on the otherwise blank reverse.

Spanish medal celebrating the marriage of Aloisia and Prince Charles in 1765. Gilt.
imageimage

Portugese military Medal of Merit for Philanthropy and Generosity, depicting Maria II, Queen of Portugal (1819-1853)
imageimage

German medal for an exposition in Krems, Germany, in 1884. Gilt.
imageimage

Large British medal depicting Richard Fox, from the students at Corpus Christi College Oxford, 1817. BHM i, 231/959; Eimer 137/1104
imageimage

Alfonso II, Duke of Ferrara (Italy). This could be the best of the group. Alfonso II ruled from 1559-1597, which would put this at the height of the Renaissance. I don't have any references for Renaissance medals, and I don't have a clue how to find more information on this.
imageimage

Amateur Athletic Union of the United States. Awarded for Bantam Weight Boxing, March 27, 1915.
imageimage

British or British-empire medal for Edward VII. Interesting enamel on reverse.
imageimage

French musical medal, 1889
imageimage

French school medal, unawarded.
imageimage

Another French medal, unawarded, 1885.
imageimage

Some sort of pendant or tag for the 4th annual MSC convention in 1929. I don't know what the MSC is or was.
imageimage

Nazi-era German drama thingy. Uniface shell, was clearly attached to something else. Werbung deutsche Buhne / Kassel 26-27. 8. 1933.
imageimage

English-language thingy. As with the previous, this is a shell that was attached to something else. Silver-plated. Presented for Distinguished Service in Homemaking. Usually I can at least get a clue about the general category, but I don't have a clue about this one. Google revealed nothing. I don't even know if it's American, Canadian, British, or from somewhere else.
imageimage

1918 medal honoring Franciscus Eques de Wieser. German?
imageimage

Confirmation and Communion medal. Signed BLONDELET. Google suggests French, c1900, based on the artist's name?
imageimage

This is made out of aluminum, so I think it has to be a modern-ish reproduction. The original was 1400s or so.
imageimage

Beethoven medal. Signed RM. Silver plated?
German medal awarded to Adolf Pischetsrieder for 15 years membership in a music society.
German uniface adornment for something musical in 1912
Drama medal? Unawarded.

Lafayette medal. Cornucopia edgemark
1959 Marathon Golden Jubilee
1955 General Motors Motorama
Boys Latin School, Baltimore, bronze medal awarded for 75 yds dash on 5-6-04
American Legion watch fob showing horse in railway car. Side of railcar says 40 hommes / 8 chevaux [40 men / 8 horses]

...and now we get into the weird stuff. These are clearly off-topic, but they came to me in the same group as the medals, so I might as well see if someone wants to keep them together.

Bronze cross. I think the lettering might be Cyrillic, but I definitely can't read it. 43mm x 78mm

Bronze? oil lamp with suspension chain. Looks like someone was using it, so it probably still works. I assume this is modern-ish. Approx 95mm x 65mm x 30mm

Brass oil lamp? I think it's also an oil lamp. The hinged part at the ankle opens. It looks like the thing at the toe is supposed to swivel, but it's stuck and I didn't want to force it. Rather heavy, nicely made.

Comments