Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Swampboy's $6.62 Ebay challenge! Who dares do a little work to compete against me for some chump ch

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
Gil ("Swampboy") said he has OCD and the leftover $6.62 balance on an eBay giftcard he had is driving him crazy. He can't seem to find anything to spend it on!

Well, OK, he said he DIDN'T have OCD, but the rest is true. image

I suggested he do a "$6.62 challenge" on the BST, just for fun, to see who could list the coolest item on eBay with a $6.62 BIN price and free shipping!

So he has done just that!

Now, though it was my suggestion, I had no auctions listed when I made it, and no idea what I would throw out there for the challenge.

So I went a-diggin' in my "Holey Coin Vest Duplicates" jar. (Found a holey 1797 large cent I forgot I had, too- woohoo! But Gil won't get that for $6.62).

I have come up with five different entries to the challenge, all of them holey, but some are quite old and some are (small) silver.

I think I will be hard to beat and I think I will rightfully claim the title of "CHEAP AND COOL COIN KING", but that remains to be seen.

Does anybody here DARE compete against me? I want to see what somebody else can come up with. Just for fun. image

Oh, yeah, and don't forget the potential $6.62 payoff. image

Gil did not state a limit on the number of entries. He did not specify the ending date of the contest, either, but he may edit to add that in. I suggested September 1, but of course it is his challenge, he's the judge, and he decides when it's all over (maybe when he decides to buy something). I do not yet have my auctions listed as of this post, but I will be adding links to them when they are up.

C'mon- who can list a SLAB? Who can top the junk, ...er... goodies I posted? It's a lowball death match! Lord M versus whoever joins the fray!

(This isn't a giveaway, now- no fair posting a $25 coin or whatever. List something that should be worth roughly the challenge amount.)

Gil challenges you to find something to spend the rest of that giftcard on, and I challenge you to top my entries! Do you DARE?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange!!! image
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    if swampboy can hold out until tomorrow i feel sure i can find some $6.62 treasures for him

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭
    The race is on!!!
  • Options
    LordM is first outta the gate, with five auctions that have $6.62 BIN prices and free shipping! image

<< <i> Strange!!! image >>

Why, of course it is. Would you expect any different from me, hmm? But Gil ran with the suggestion. It should be fun to see who (and what) wins. I am glad I am not to be the only contestant. I would hate to win the "CHEAP AND COOL COIN KING" title by default!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very cool LordM!!! I'm tempted to just hit BIN on all 5 lots, LOL!!! image
  • Options
    Whoops! Somebody DID just hit the BIN on one of them, before Gil even got a look at his own challenge thread! image

Will I have any left to win the $6.62 challenge, I wonder? Hmm.

There's lots more cheapo-cool crap where those came from. image

And I know there has to be some other contenders out there...

PS- FWIW, this thread is NOT about me trying to sell some $6.62 junk lots. It's all about seeing WHO ELSE will list some $6.62 junk lots, just for fun. Not spam, I promise. (This kind of lowball junk surely doesn't make very tasty spam anyway, right?)

• Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where do you come up with this stuff? image

K
    ANA LM
  • Options
    you're going down Marcovan! its not "live" yet but here's a taste:

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    Ooh, dang- Savoy goes for the quantity! Will LordM get slammed in the lowball challenge? We shall see! His perhaps-strongest offering was prematurely snapped up by somebody else other than Swampboy! (Might have been a real steal, too- Lord M is finding out all kinds of info about what he just "gave away" for six bucks... but who knew? The info always comes out AFTER the item is sold!)

I have real competition now. Good. image

• Options

<< <i>Where do you come up with this stuff? >>

When I was maybe a year old, my uncle used to dangle me upside-down by one ankle (really- there is photographic evidence I hope Mom will produce from the photo album).

I suspect something must've shaken loose upstairs as a result.

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a winner!

I hit the BIN button on Greg's listing.

Bunch of cool stuff to throw in my "everyone can take one" dish.
    Thanks for the assist LM. image

I return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
  • Options
    I bow before the newly-crowned King Of Cheap And Cool Coins, and the winner of the $6.62 Challenge! image

(I still say it might have been a different outcome if somebody hadn't beaten Gil to that 16th century jeton I listed, though.) image

It has generated some interesting discussion- with some Liteside tie-ins, too, believe it or not.

Exonumia can be hard to beat in the cheap-class stuff. Lotsa bang for the buck! Greg really piled it on in his offering, too, completely outdoing me in quantity.

• Options
    wow! i just logged back in---didnt realize i had won until i read my PM from Rob

glad i could be a part of this!

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    You guys have too much fun. image
  • Options
    Yes, we do.

Now I have to buckle down and get to work on some REAL eBay listings. My first consignment lots are supposed to go up this evening.

Enough silliness, now... to work with ye, LordM! *sigh*

(Still beats the heck outta my old job.) image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file