Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

WTH....Need to burn up small ebay gift card balance......WTH (want to hit) $6.62 BIN with free shipp

The title says it all.

I received an ebay gift card for my 60th b'day and I'm having a deuce a time burning up the balance.
A forum friend suggested I do a $6.62 eBay challenge so I can get this balance wiped out.

I've tried unsuccesfully to use it to pick up pieces for my YNS.
Most recently I lost out and received this email from ebay

<< <i>You have been outbid on Miserable Ugly ANACS Certified 1817 POS Large Cent (150285722781) >>

My losing bid would have done the trick to the cent.
Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,213 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, so you got outbid on that same POS large cent? Me, too- I was also one of the underbidders. image

Cool AND cheap, you say? Well, I have FIVE lots here to tempt you out of that six-sixty-two giftcard balance... I went digging in my Holey Duplicates Jar! I have five separate wagers right here on the table to bet that I am the KING of Cool and Cheap Coins!

(Sorry, you ain't gettin' the holey 1797 large cent I found in my jar when I was rummaging for these.)

Does anyone DARE compete with me for the coolest $6.62-BIN-with-free-shipping lot, hmm?

See if you can top this! I can do 1500s! (albeit undated) 1700s (dated)! Silver! Ha! I will CLAIM this challenge!

Victory Is Mine, sayeth the Lord (Marcovan)!

When's the challenge end? I put my auctions up for a week. I also tried to drum up some competition for myself. I'd like to give some upstart a chance to compete against me for the title of Cheap-Cool-Coin-King. Maybe somebody will have some slabs in that range, who knows? I think the Darksiders have the edge, though (if any participate). I was gonna do an unattributed ancient Greek bronze but will hold off on that because I am not sure which box it is in.

Here is a preview of my challenge lots. Each will be listed with a $6.62 starting bid and $6.62 BIN with free shipping, as per the challenge. The question is not only whether somebody else will accept the challenge, but also whether YOU will get to all of my lots in time... somebody ELSE out there in eBayland might grab them before your contest ends! image

It's a lowball death match! LordM throws down the gauntlet and is first out of the gate with five auctions!

Who's willing to fight for his $6.62, hmm? This should be fun, at the very least. Something tells me it will be the most fun $6.62 you ever spent, too. Even though it was my suggestion, I welcome some competition. May the best offering win! But hey, y'all- no fair listing something worth a whole lot more than the $6.62- this is a lowball death match, not a giveaway. Some of my pieces might be worth more than $6.62, but I doubt it on most of them and I really don't know on the others.

Here goes.

Lot One: 3 Holey 1800s British coins (one 1/2d and two 3d)

Lot Two: 5 Holey Canadian coins (1854 token plus 4 large cents)

Lot Three: 4 Holey coins (1786 to 1923, including silver)

Lot Four: 3 Holey coins, Ottoman Turkish, ca. 1800s, w/silver

Lot Five: "WOLF LAVR" brass jeton (Nuremberg?), ca. 1550s-1600s
    (Corroded but cool- hey, you gotta love that sea monster "dolphin" on the reverse, right?)
    Whoops! Sorry, Gil! Somebody else beat you to the BIN on this one!
    I thought that might happen. That is one reason I put up multiple lots. If they all go, I'll post more. image
    Savoyspecial says he is gonna post at least one contender, too.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Sorry Gil,

I don't know what a Jeton is yet, sounds like Jetsons to me. I will google in a few.
    But something that old with a sea monster on the back sounded real good tonight.
    Maybe I can find something with a Mermaid next

Dave

• Options
    Hey, that's fair. Thanks. Gil might miss out on some of these. That's why I put five up. Hopefully I will have at least one left to win the $6.62 prize with! image

Regarding jetons, see this thread, and pay attention to the link that JimK posted in the first reply. It doesn't have that piece listed (who knows, maybe you just got a steal?) but it has quite a few. They are cool. And usually inexpensive.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's My Offering >>

Couldn't resist Greg. image

I took your listing as a golden opportunity to wipe out that wacky little balance.
    I feel great. I can breath again.

Thanks everyone for the pms as well!
  • Options
    So Greg won?

Cool!

I wonder if he would still have won if somebody hadn't beaten you to that jeton, though, hmm? image

That one is developing a life of its own, as new developments and speculations are being posted about it here.

Greg had it goin' on for quantity in his lot... and had some cool trinkets in there, for sure! I gave it my best shot! image

Edit to add: now that I have been fairly beaten in the "$6.62 eBay Challenge", I will reduce the starting bids on my remaining lots to 99c, though the free shipping and $6.62 BIN prices still apply. Come n' get 'em! Have fun!