Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Was this a good buy?

Just bought this on Ebay and was wondering as to whether or not i made a good purchase? Its for my personal collection...
Mr Cub

Comments

• Very nice!!! I love that one, Congrats!

Thats what vintage is all about, when the age shows image

HK
  • If it's for your personal collection, then it's a Great buy. I agree with HK, the age shows on the card which I like too. Nice pickup on Mr. Cub's rookie card!!
  • IMHO, it's a great buy - Congratulations.
    30's R Want List:

R73 1933 Goudey Indian Gum - Series 288 - Nos. 118
    Also looking for 1953 Parkhurst & 1953 Quaker Oats Ripley's BION.

If you have any available for sale PM me
  • OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    heck yeah it is.. wish I woulda saw that
  • mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Great buy. CONGRATS!
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭
    Classic card, Classic set.

Nice Pickup...
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Thanks for the input everybody. Im still learning all about vintage and learning the ropes on grading also. Its nice to know thers a forum with people that ar real helpful and knowledgeable
  • So, what's going to be your next purchase?
  • Well, i really want a low grade 1955 Clemente, I just havent found one in my price range...Either that or a 1957 Frank Robinson RC in a psa 5
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    nice pickup, as they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and getting Mr. Cub was a great find.....I love the design of all of the early 50's cards.
  • Outside of the (mk) - it's the corners that make it a 2. Did anyone notice the gloss that is still on that puppy? Sweet pick-up!
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    freddy

I think it's a nice card - I can see the pic really well and that's what counts - for me - in the lower grade - there's no distractions like a big bad crease down the middle.

Congratulations - and IMO - if the card is nice - and the price is right - for personal collections - saving money and keeping on budget while getting enjoyment is like hitting a HR!

I just mentioned something about bargains and OC cards in a new thread. For me - if I like the card - am getting a bargain due to offensive things like centering? I'm there dude!

mike
    Mike
  • Ain't nothing wrong with that pickup. IMO it has terrific eye appeal and its MR. CUB!!!!
    Collecting Interests:
    Ripken, Brooks & Frank Robinson, Old Orioles, Sweet Spot Autos, older Redskins - Riggins, Sonny, Baugh etc and anything that catches my eye. image

My ghetto sportscard webpage...All Scans - No Lists!!! Stinky Linky
  • Cool card... I think I would crack it out and get it auto'ed and then get it resub'ed as Authentic.
  • I agree....eye appeal means more than the grade, and this one looks nice!

Collecting my sports heroes, Roger Staubach and Kirby Puckett.