Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

New Sports Community and Auction Site

Are you ready? We are now in the final day of preparation for the BIG launch here at SportsWanted.com. All auctions will go live tomorrow at 12 noon and we want to make sure that everyone has all there items loaded in and ready to go. Don’t forget… in celebration of the BIG launch we are opening up the site with a bang!! We want everyone to be able try out all the features and check us out… so, now through September 30, 2008 all members can take advantage of:

FREE Unlimited Auctions Listings – list everything you want… you can even list in bulk… it’s FREE!!
FREE Unlimited Auction Upgrades – Try out all the upgrades and see what you like and what your don’t… there all FREE!!

1. Home Page Feature Fees
2. Category Feature Fees
3. Bold Item Fees
4. Highlighted Item fees
5. Reserve Price Fees
6. Buy Out Fees
7. Image Upload Fees
8. Media Upload Fees
9. Custom Start and End Time Fees
10. Item Swap Fees
11. Make Offer Fees

FREE Unlimited Wanted Ads – Create a Wanted Ad to complete a set or let the other members know what you buy… try it out while it’s FREE!!
FREE Unlimited use of all Store Fronts (load up to 1,000,000 cards) – Here is a great way to market yourself and showcase your products… Yep, it’s FREE too!!

We want SportsWanted.com to be a site for all collectors of all sizes so we adjusted our site fees to accommodate everyone. First we set our site fees to be the lowest available anywhere knowing that this would satisfy the average collector who only sells a few items a month. Then for the higher volume collectors we created our volume savings discounts… these special discounts were designed to reward the larger volume members with substantial savings above and beyond the standard site fees. Here’s how they work:

List 20-29 auctions on the site in a current month and you receive 20% OFF your entire monthly statement.
List 30-39 auctions on the site in a current month and you receive 30% OFF your entire monthly statement.
And if you list 40 or more auctions on the site in a current month you will receive 40% OFF your entire monthly statement.

We also wanted SportsWanted.com to be much more than just an auction site so we added some extras for our members to use and enjoy:

Looking for local Card Shops or upcoming shows?

Check out our Card Shop and Card Show Finder sections… We now have about 100 card shops loaded in our card shop directory and about 200 upcoming card shows in the card show directory. These directories are there for our members to find what they need when they need it. If you are a card shop owner or a card show promoter and would like your info added to the directories please email me and I will add you info to the directory today!!

Want to know “What’s New” in the industry?

Check out our “What’s New” section and see what product is currently out or sometimes get a sneak peak at what’s coming soon… this section is completely dedicated to all things in the industry keeping the collector up to speed on what’s what.

Want to watch a great “PULL” or maybe you want to post your “PULL” for everyone to see.

Check out our Box Breaks section… this is quickly becoming one of our most popular sections on the site. Here you can watch people opening their boxes or cases and see how they did. We also have the capability for you to upload your own videos to share with the other members on the site.

The most important feature of the site is our dedication to the hobby and to you the collector. Our commitment to our members is simple… deliver a high quality product and back it up with an even higher level of customer service. We feel the time is right for a change in the industry and we want to offer collectors a smart choice when it comes to doing business.

We hope you check us out and give us a chance… if you like us, tell a friend… we would love to see you all of you onboard for our launch on August 31. If you have any questions about the site please email me at allen@sportswanted.com.
Allen Masengill
www.SportsWanted.com
(866) 930-7180 ext.# 711

Comments

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    BAN
  • Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    "The most important feature of the site is our dedication to the hobby and to you the collector. "

You're taking it as if it's spam. Drink it up, he loves you!

GOP dude;
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Good luck with your site.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Allen:

As time passes, maybe you will consider adding a tab for "Other Collectibles."

That would increase traffic and encourage MANY more folks to list.

The market needs a BROAD site, NOT a narrow one.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    I have non sports memorabilia... what type of collectibles are you wanting? You are talking to the right guy who can fix it. Let me know.

Also, Thanks Steve for the well wishes again!!
    Allen Masengill
    www.SportsWanted.com
    (866) 930-7180 ext.# 711
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have non sports memorabilia... what type of collectibles are you wanting? You are talking to the right guy who can fix it. Let me know. >>

//////////////////////////////////

Many dissidents at EBAY want a place for postcards, dolls, action figures, old photos, glassware.

If it's hidden by a little tab labeled simply "Other Collectibles," there may be no reason not to inlude
    stamps, comics, coins, currency. ALL KINDS of collectibles. Those are the folks EBAY is in the process of
    running off.

When the tab is clicked, the sundry categories appear for those who are interested.

If you have disposable IDs, you should spam the EBAY forums. They will delete the posts, but they
    may last long enough to get some listers/lookers. I would hit seller central and all of the collectible boards
    on EBAY.

I would also do some YouTube promos for the site; inviting folks to visit.

I assume you are hooked-up with googlebase. If not, you better do it. 70% of my EBAY stores-biz
    is coming from base.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    Good Luck!

I hope to find something I like on the auctions image

HK
  • Options
    Thanks Fur72... thanks HK!! We are up to about 4,000 auctions already and more are coming in every hour!! Should be a good launch!! Are you guys gonna list any?
    Allen Masengill
    www.SportsWanted.com
    (866) 930-7180 ext.# 711
  • Options
    I'm too LAZY!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Good luck Allen on this new webiste. I will be signing on shortly.

Thanks Ronnie Ortiz
  • Options
    Thanks Ronny... hope you enjoy the site!!
    Allen Masengill
    www.SportsWanted.com
    (866) 930-7180 ext.# 711
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    I signed on Allen......My fingers are crossed

Good Luck
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    I have some auction listed, but checking the site, I think you may want to add a section that shows 1) most recent bidded on and 2) Most bids "Hot seller" item section, because Naxcom does this on their front page of their auction site, and it would encourage more people to see which items are hot, and therefore they would bid on it. More bids = more a cut for your site in terms of final value fees.
  • Options
    Good luck Jimrad!!

Thanks for the input bladefox... I will look into trying to make something on the homepage for that.
    Allen Masengill
    www.SportsWanted.com
    (866) 930-7180 ext.# 711
  • Options
    SportsWanted.com is now LIVE... we have launched the site with almost 18,000 auctions. Come check it out!!
    Allen Masengill
    www.SportsWanted.com
    (866) 930-7180 ext.# 711
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Just registered...good luck with the site!
  • Options
    Thanks bottom9th... let me know if you need anything!! Hope you enjoy the site!!
    Allen Masengill
    www.SportsWanted.com
    (866) 930-7180 ext.# 711
  • Options
    Was another thread needed to launch this site?

I took a look at the cards listed and it appears most were thrown up by the same seller "OGDEN".... the hundreds of auctions you were talking about were from the same person... HMMM....

Good luck, but this will be a major uphill battle.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this listing is from one of our board members here I apologize (and shame on you), but this is what I feared would become of this new site.

Edited to add: Trying to get $3 for a 1986 Topps common? Who do you think you are, teknobaby?
  • Options

<< <i>If this listing is from one of our board members here I apologize (and shame on you), but this is what I feared would become of this new site.

Edited to add: Trying to get $3 for a 1986 Topps common? Who do you think you are, teknobaby? >>

It is an off center common to boot.
  • Options

Was another thread needed to launch this site?

Was another negative post needed as well?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    nam812... I can only lead em to the water...

Allen Masengill
    www.SportsWanted.com
    (866) 930-7180 ext.# 711
  • Options
    262Runner262Runner Posts: 606 ✭✭✭
    Allen, I have an auction up and my images are not there. What may be wrong, I uploaded from a file rather than a service like photobucket, could it be that easy?

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
    Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)

• Options
    Max size for a photo is set at 2048 Kbytes... check and see if the photo you are trying to load is larger than that if so resize and try again... If the problem persists let me know and I will fix it!!
    Allen Masengill
    www.SportsWanted.com
    (866) 930-7180 ext.# 711
  • Options
    262Runner262Runner Posts: 606 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Allen, photo's are up

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
    Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)

• Options
    You might do better if you allow all members to view completed auctions that is a big thing that has helped with Ebay success.
  • Options
    The auction has free shipping, so I'm sure that was figured into the price, a lot of people charge $3 for shipping so you would actually be getting a free card, just pay for shipping. It's still a worthless card though.
  • Options
    Thanks Leiascards... I will see what I can do. Other than that how do you like the site?
    Allen Masengill
    www.SportsWanted.com
    (866) 930-7180 ext.# 711
  • Options
    Has there been a recorded sale yet?
  • Options
    Not yet...
    Allen Masengill
    www.SportsWanted.com
    (866) 930-7180 ext.# 711
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Has there been a bid on ANYTHING yet ?
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options

<< <i>Was another thread needed to launch this site?

Was another negative post needed as well?

Steve >>

Nothing negative here Steve old buddy. He could have simply bumped the thread he started last week.

As usual you take the bait, hook line and sinker.....
  • Options
    I was looking for Basketball cards but it appears there are only 8 total auctions. I guess OGDEN doen't have a large stock of basketball cards.
  • Options
    Bumping for an update. Has there been a recorded sale yet?
  • Options
    I almost bought the 1981 Fleer Rod Carew card for $50 but the photo shows a 1981 Donruss. So, I passed.

Rare 1981 Fleer Carew with a 1981 Donruss front
  • Options
    There are still only 8 basketball listings. I guess people are not flocking to the free listings. I wonder what will happen when they actually start charging for listings.

OGDEN does appear to have listed some more cards. I wonder if Ogden has any realation to the site's owner.
  • Options

As usual you take the bait, hook line and sinker.....

Just as you did, as your reply here shows it.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>As usual you take the bait, hook line and sinker.....

Just as you did, as your reply here shows it.

Steve >>

Yawn.

• Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818

<< <i>Bumping for an update. Has there been a recorded sale yet? >>

Sale?

I don't think there has even been any bids yet! image

PoppaJ
  • Options
    Rome was not built in a day.

Will this site prove as a viable alternative to ebay?

Who knows, what I do know is that many here seem
    to be rooting against it.

Why?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Rome was not built in a day.

Will this site prove as a viable alternative to ebay?

Who knows, what I do know is that many here seem
    to be rooting against it.

Why?

Steve >>

Many of us saw how Ray Romeo screwed so many Ebay sellers with Wagglepop.
  • Options
    I see I hooked the same fish twice.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I personally hope the site succeeds but do not think the format is going to make it. Seems almost identical to eBay but less sophisticated and little or no monitoring for scam or outright dumb auctions. Most of the auctions I see are people trying to sell $1 cards for $50. Have to expect that with completely free listings. Seller loses nothing but a little of his time.