Home Stamps Forum
Options

New US Stamp

19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
Have the new Take Me Out to the Ball Game Stamps been discussed here yet? Personally, I think they look very cool!

Also I was wondering if the V111 means anything?

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

Comments

• Options
    I like the way they look to. But, the question is, is that a real ball player is so, who is it ?
    Big Kahuna

• Options
    V1111 is the plate number...

The art is actually based on some original early designs that have been reworked a bit for a stamp.
  • Options
    Thanks Folks. image

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a picture of the original 19th Century Tobacco Trade Card the stamp was designed from:

Steve
  • Options

<< <i>Here's a picture of the original 19th Century Tobacco Trade Card the stamp was designed from: >>

Regards,

SuperDad
    -------------------------

"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it." - George Santayana.

Boracay Islands, Philippines
  • Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's a picture of the original 19th Century Tobacco Trade Card the stamp was designed from: >>

Very unique Steve, thanks for sharing such a cool Trade card.

Where do you find one like yours?
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Very unique Steve, thanks for sharing such a cool Trade card.

Where do you find one like yours? >>

The card isn't mine. It was posted recently on another internet collectors' forum that I frequent. Probably your best bet in finding one would be to check ebay under the "tobacciana" category in collectibles.

Steve
  • Options
    I'm glad I checked back on this post!

That card is way cool!

Does the USPS have to get permission to copy that card so closely?

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Doubt it, if the copyright exists it's probably expired and I doubt the company exists unless it was absorbed by another.
  • Options
    neat!