Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

If I am reading this right it looks like brad and Beckett are parting ways...

or at least that is what he will have us believe. Check out auction 180281574041. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    All of the "big 3" grading companies are guilty of the same thing. That card in your avatar was once a PSA 9, now it's a PSA 10. This stuff is just part of the hobby I guess. I have learned to just accept it.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I think the answer he was given in email was a bunch of corporate BS. "Change the standards from time to time"? Thats THE problem. People who paid big money for a GEM MINT card 5 years ago could have waited and bought a "9" and gotten a bump. Standards should NEVER change and if they do change based on a certain card or flaw within a set, ALL cards should be allowed to be resubmitted at no charge. Any grading company worth its salt should back this up.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    So let me get this straight. BGS Brad is crying because BGS would not bump his cards? lol...
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    This is crazy. Why is BGSbrad of all people complaining about the "sub bump" game? He's done this...how many times?

• Options

<< <i>I think the answer he was given in email was a bunch of corporate BS. "Change the standards from time to time"? Thats THE problem. People who paid big money for a GEM MINT card 5 years ago could have waited and bought a "9" and gotten a bump. Standards should NEVER change and if they do change based on a certain card or flaw within a set, ALL cards should be allowed to be resubmitted at no charge. Any grading company worth its salt should back this up. >>

The "changing of standards" over time PSA and SGC is guilty of as well. I can't count on 5 hands how many times I seen threads on here with people stating " they've been tough the last couple months I think I'll wait awhile to send more in" or how about "the grader of death" everyone claims nailed there cards?

The only Legit "beef" anyone has with BGS that I see is the slabbing of "sheet cut cards" other than that PSA and SGC are guilty of the same things 100%
  • Options
    Yeah, I know Brad, and if he's using this sub bumping against Beckett, he is acting like a huge hippocrite. Sub bumping has made him a lot of money over the years, so I don't see as how he has any grounds to complain when he is as guilty as anyone in this hobby.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Well, if nothing else you have to give the BGS rep some credit for putting together a coherent, well reasoned email. I actually have more faith in Beckett after reading that email than I did before.

I'm also kind of curious about what he means when he (the BGS rep) says that they have customers who they 'suspect are trying to defraud' them. How does a card submitter go about defrauding a TPG?
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    I'm also kind of curious about what he means when he (the BGS rep) says that they have customers who they 'suspect are trying to defraud' them. How does a card submitter go about defrauding a TPG?

I assumed that was a reference to the dealers who have had many cards rejected for alterations (as if they and every other TPG don't know full well what goes on in this hobby/industry with many of these dealers).

The rest of Mark's response was fine, but I rolled my eyes when I read that line...and would have reacted the same had it been written by Mr. Olando or Mr. Grady.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭✭
    You know, with A-Rod slumping this is NOT a good time to unload a key A-Rod rookie.
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm also kind of curious about what he means when he (the BGS rep) says that they have customers who they 'suspect are trying to defraud' them. How does a card submitter go about defrauding a TPG?

I assumed that was a reference to the dealers who have had many cards rejected for alterations (as if they and every other TPG don't know full well what goes on in this hobby/industry with many of these dealers).

The rest of Mark's response was fine, but I rolled my eyes when I read that line...and would have reacted the same had it been written by Mr. Olando or Mr. Grady. >>

I like the part about 'hard evidence to go after them'. So BGS is chomping at the bit for the chance to take a bulk submitter to court for trying to sneak altered Adrian Peterson SP RC's into Beckett holders? Somehow I doubt this.
  • Options
    So since he's been taking his business to PSA and will continue to use them for his grading needs will he be changing his name to PSA Brad? lol..
  • Options
    one of his previous IDs was 1psabrad, so I could see him going back