Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Thinking about a Tall Boys registry set

How tough is PSA on 1964 Tall Boys Hockey? It seems as if they have a rough border on many cards as in the right side of this Beliveau. I have a really nice set that I might go for the graded registry. My Howe is MINT as are many others. I think I have 99% Nr Mt -MT except for some a few OC.
Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax

Comments

• The cards looks nice. The rough border on the right should not impact the grade at PSA. The top to bottom centering could be a concern though. Can you post a scan of the Howe? If you have not graded cards before I would suggest taking 10-15 cards from you set and send them into PSA. When you get them back look at them closely and compare them to other cards in your set. Look at the grades and any flaws you might be able to see in the cards (a 10x loupe will help). There is an education that comes with grading cards so I recommend that you start slowly.

Doug
    Looking for well centered 1958 topps baseball psa 8 and up. Also dying for a 70 Aaron All Star in PSA 9.
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure I have cards I think are 9 or 10 that will grade 7's

Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    amazing card and take a look at his battle scars!!! OUCH
  • goyegoye Posts: 454 ✭✭
    Super Nice tall boys........sweet

What Doug said....great advice
    1985-86 O Pee Chee PSA 910 Hockey
  • With the slight tilt cut and print imperfections I'm calling the Howe to grade a PSA 7 or 7.5 if submitted. It is a beautiful card, just not Mint.

Good luck if you submit them!
  • 65 tall boy FB is a cool set.
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭
    great cards. love em tall boys also.

I do not do 64 HK but do 65FB an 69/70BK.
    look at those cards and see how psa grades. same style.
    very few psa 9's in those sets.

I agree send in a small sample first and see what you get.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets