Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Peru: 1913 "5to DE SOL" = 1/5 sol, right?

If Peru struck a silver 1/5 sol coin, then why am I not finding it in the 2007 Krause?

I tried under 1/5 sol, but there are no 1/5 sol coins listed- it skips from the 1-dinero to the 1/2 sol pieces, with nothing in between!

Am I missing something, or have I just run up against another one of those annoying Krause omissions? image

Will check worldcoingallery.com and see if I can anwer my own question.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    Nope not in the 2007 but it is in my old trusty 1987 Krause... KM#205 5.000g., .900 silver .1447 ASW

Your 1913 is listed as 1913 FG and 1913 FG-R total combined mintage 223,000 NOTE: some 1911-17 have R left of shield tip on reverse. Die varieties exist.

Edited to add the second line above...
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I'll get the loupe to it.

Stinkin' newer Krause books. You can't trust 'em. Grrr. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.