Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Does World Submission Tier really take 50 days?

Per the PCGS expected turnaround times, it says 50 days for world coins. Is this accurate? Is it any better ATS? I was thinking about sending these two in, but maybe not anymore. Thanks in advance.

-Paul

Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com

Comments

• Options
    i sure hope not!

i have some Canadian stuff in right now... going on 2 weeks.

I thought it fell under the normal categories... ie REGULAR, ECONOMY, etc?

BTW... those colors are very nice!

-sm
  • Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    Nice color on the Obverse of that dollar! What is ATS? Probably something I should know and will feel like an idiot once it is pointed out to me... image
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    My world submissions have been running a minimum of 50 business days.
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    From what Ive been hearing PCGS is still running around 50 working days, I got 2 submissions back last week from NGC, both were 18 days although they were advertising current turnaround as 20 working days.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last World submission was entered 7/2/08 and shipped 8/26/08.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder why my 6 coin submission at NGC is nearing 75 days? Frustrating.
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508

<< <i>I wonder why my 6 coin submission at NGC is nearing 75 days? Frustrating. >>

if 75 days is business days, they are way overdue. Regardless, i'd call them. i've never had an economy world submission take over 14 or 15 days ATS
  • Options
    Figuring out PCGS's submission time is totally an exercise in futility. Had a submission entered 7/28/08 and received the grades today.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Figuring out PCGS's submission time is totally an exercise in futility. Had a submission entered 7/28/08 and received the grades today. >>

You're moving up on the food chain.............they must like Canadian. imageimage
  • Options
    I am still missing out on what is ATS... Would someone please enlighten me? Mac, That looks like a new avatar to me! Does that have anything to do with ATS? (OK, so I am pushing for an idea of what ATS is) and I apologize for not knowing but would really like to know! TIA everyone for your time...

<< <i>You're moving up on the food chain....They must like Canadian. >>

Or at least B-days! I hope your grades were as expected or better! Happy belated B-day!

Have a happy...

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno what ATS means, either.

I am, however, familiar with that sort of toning on Canadian dollars, and it's mindbending at times. Makes some of the Liteside stuff that gets "stars" and "stickers" look dowdy by comparison.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ATS = "Across the Street" ... "NGC"

geeze... i thought you were forum geeks... you disappoint image

-sm
  • Options

Told you!

Thanks,
    Rick

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    part. Go figure...
  • Options

<< <i>You're moving up on the food chain.............they must like Canadian. >>

These weren't Canadian, in fact it wasn't even my coins. I submitted them for someone else. My coins take the 50 days.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don