Home Sports Talk
Options

College football season

College football is here. What are some of your predictions of the big ten?
Hockey players wear numbers because you can't always identify the body with dental records. ~Author Unknown

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭

<< <i>College football is here. What are some of your predictions of the big ten? >>

They suck

JS
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    OSU will win the Big11 outright.

OSU's season will be made or broken with the USC game.

Michigan will completely suck.

PSU will suck.

Illinois will be very tough even without Mendenhal (sp?)
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Ohio State will be well rested before SC by playing Youngstown St and Ohio University!!! Then on to Troy University! If you can't win you conf
    by playing those guys on the side you shouldn't be playing football!

JS
  • Options
    so are you guys agreeing with lou holtz?
    Hockey players wear numbers because you can't always identify the body with dental records. ~Author Unknown
  • Options
    Ohio St. wins the big 10, that part is easy.

Michigan - could be in for a rough season, predictions I have heard are 5-7 or 6-6. Rodriguez has two less than great QB's who have
    not mastered his new offensive scheme.

Michigan St. - lots of talk about a great season here in Spartan land but I'm not convinced yet.

Rest of the big ten - don't have any idea.
  • Options
    yeah its going to be tough for michigan as they have four quarterbacks that haven't played a single game.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭

<< <i>so are you guys agreeing with lou holtz? >>

I try not to listen to Lou Holtz. He's annoying.

What's he got to thay about this theason?
  • Options
    IOWA- were undefeated so far...........
  • Options
    Don't forget the illini they have a chance to get more roses.
  • Options
    All about Penn State in the Big 10!
  • Options
    1) Wisconsin (run, run, throw to Beckum, run, run) (time of possession) (top defense) (night game at home vs Ohio State)
    2) Ohio State (great defense) (loss to Wisconsin) (choke against Michigan)
    3) Michigan State (breakout year, but losses to Ohio State and Wisconsin)

joestalin......let me know when Florida State is finished with Western Carolina and Chattanooga!

• Options
    1-Illinois{osu can't stop the juice's spread}{illni defense will take down wisconsin}
    2-OSU{Too much publicity}{Can lose to wisconsin,illinois, and usc}
    3-Wisconsin{maybe there running game will help}
  • Options

<< <i>IOWA- were undefeated so far........... >>

lol hopefully jake shows some improvement this season, and we will need the d to step up bigtime to get to a bowl game.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Big Ten will be exciting as well as unpredictable...

While on paper OSU is considered the favorite, I have some doubts even though they are talented, well coached and have everything going for them including a big target...

Wisconsin and Illinois should be good. Michigan State and Indiana could surprise afew. Michigan is the biggest question in my mind

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purdue will play Oregon tougher than Michigan did last year....image

Ken
  • Options
    That Oregon-Michigan game was not as close as the score reflected. I have never, ever seen a Michigan team play as bad as they did... that was just painful to sit through even if one was an Oregon fan

• Options
    big game tomorrow illini vs mizz. Predictions?
  • Options
    Illini v Mizzou tomorrow will not be big, it is huge. The game last year was a barn burner and the game tomorrow should be terrific. If the Illinois defense can play well and Juice and Benn connect, the Illini have a chance. I think Mizzou is the favorite and it seems St. Louis is the location for this game for some odd reason. The Illini are due for a win in this series, but this Mizzou team may be one of their best in 40 years

• Options
    The day is here:
    Illini vs Mizz
    Who will win??
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Just got back from USF's opener. A 56-7 laugher against UT Martin. A total mismatch, but a fun game to watch.
  • Options
    does south florida have a chance of a bcs game? Tough illini loss but juice had one heck of a passing night.
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    If they win the Big East it's an automatic BCS bid. They looked great last night but it wasn't exactly a top ranked opponent.
  • Options
    Illini and Mizzou was not as thrilling as the game last year. Both Juice and Chase played great games.

• Options
    the illini don't have a good passing defense and looking over the game the way that mizzou had huge monster gaps in there off. line the illini should have had more than 1 sack. I will be interesting how the injury to osu's wells will affect their season.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the UCLA Cheerleaders are hot. Nice blocked punt by the players of that school too.
  • Options
    The Illinois defense was very disappointing. While the one Illini interception that was returned for a TD could have been a big shift in the game, Mizzou came back with 3 unanswered touchdowns. If Illinois is going to win 9 games, their defense needs to play better... much better. I recognize that Chase Daniel is one terrific QB, but the Illini defense just never seemed to make timely adjustments. How many times did Mizzou punt? I think that stat tells the story...

• Options
    this was an interesting weekend, ecu upsets west virginia some sub par teams were alot closer in score such as san diego state and ohio.
  • Options
    anyone check out the ap poll?