Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Matte Proof Lincoln's for the week of 8-27

Not much news here other than a complete 1912 proof sett in PCGS holders coming up at Heritage. They do not have all the info posted, but it looks like a neat set. A lot of raw proofs on Ebay lately…The 1916 was pulled because it did not have the right diagnostics.. The info is there and you should not hesitate to ask the sellers to verify their claims or at the very least, verify they have a return policy.

Till next week.

WS

1909 VDB
N/A

1909 ICG PR 64 BRN
Heritage Long Beach 9/21

1910 PCGS PR 64 BRN $1795
http://kaminskicoin.com/copper.htm
1910 ANACS PR 64 BRN BIN $985
EBAY Store # 140222357394 closes 9/3
1910 NGC PR 67 RED $15,000
Goldberg pre Long Beach

1911 PCGS PR 63 RED
Goldberg pre Long Beach
1911 PCGS PR 65 R&B $2950
Brian Wagner Rare Coins
1911 PCGS PR 65 BRN $2450 gorgeous pink/blue rainbow toning
charmy@coincents.com or (949) 632-0414

1912 PR 64 RED w/CAC being auction as part of a whole 1912 Proof Set
Heritage ends 10/25
1912 NGC PR 65 BRN $2250 BIN OBO
EBAY # 280258475281 closes 8/30
1912 NGC PR 65 BRN $2600
Aspen Park Rare Coins)
1912 ICG PR 60 (cleaned)
Heritage Long Beach Auction 9/21

1913 NGC PR 67 RED
Goldberg pre Long Beach
1913 PCGS PR 65 R&B (CAC)
Heritage Long Beach 9/21
1913 PCGS PR 65 BRN $2150 PQ Lustrous Gem

1914 RAW PR R&B
Ebay # 320291494595 Closes 9/2
1914 RAW PR BRN (SOLD)
EBAY # 290254337708 closes 8/28

1915 PCGS PR 65 RED $7950 (SOLD)
Albanese Rare Coins
1915 PCGS PR 64 BRN $2,295
1915 PCGS PR64RB $2,950
Brian Wagner Rare Coins

1916 NGC PR 64 R&B
Heritage Long Beach 9/21
Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.

Comments

• Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PCGS 65RD 1915 caught my eye. Caught someone else's too. SOLD!
  • Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Hi Bob,

A few more coins to add to your list. Duane Blake has asked me to help him sell his #8 current PCGS MPL registry set. Most of the coins are sold or on hold so I will list here the coins that are still available. Images can be viewed on my website.

1909 VDB PCGS PR65RB "OGH" sealed mail bid auction Oct 31, 2008. Images of the coin will be posted in a few days and more information coming soon!
    1915 PCGS PR66BN $10,000
    1916 PCGS PR66BN $20,000

Thanks,

Brian
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi Bob,

A few more coins to add to your list. Duane Blake has asked me to help him sell his #8 current PCGS MPL registry set. Most of the coins are sold or on hold so I will list here the coins that are still available. Images can be viewed on my website.

1909 VDB PCGS PR65RB "OGH" sealed mail bid auction Oct 31, 2008. Images of the coin will be posted in a few days and more information coming soon!
    1915 PCGS PR66BN $10,000
    1916 PCGS PR66BN $20,000

Thanks,

Brian >>

Wow, in and out in the course of 3 or 4 months? I'm confused.... edit....or disappointed, or somethingimage
  • Options
    Bob-

Your question is a reasonable one. I stretched as far as I possibly could financially to attain my MPL goal in my dad's honor, and everyone on the boards knows about that. 2008 was a challenging year for my family and me, but we set a goal, and stayed the course (and a little luck never hurt, either). I have enjoyed the chase, and believe that MPLs are going to just keep climbing in price (I would like to think that I have already, and still am, contributing to that burst in the 'green' arrows). But now, I would like to free up some cash to pursue some other coin series and collections I've had my eye on for a while. This MPL collection assembling has been an immensely satisfying personal experience, and I intend to stay in the numismatic community, help others and the coin community were I can, and build some other outstanding sets. This collection, for me, was not so much about money as it was to really honor a person I loved dearly in the highest way that I personally could. Importantly to me, I managed to honor my dad, make many new friends, learn a tremendous amount about this series and in the end, complete me goal. You might say that I "wrestled my own match". And again, I do strongly believe that my efforts have really given the series some great exposure, and you may see that these coins will be getting more public recognition for the wonders that they are in the near future, as I have some other ideas to help my MPL friends. I am, on a personal level, compiling a booklet for my family with all the coin photos, the story, and the general description of the collection. My mom and siblings are all much honored and overjoyed that I was able to show respect to my dad in such an appropriate manner. He was a class act, and he deserved this honorarium.

So yes, it was a fast "in and out", as you point out. But it was the most meaningful collection that I have ever assembled, on a personal level. And in the end of the day, I don't ever think I will have a collecting experience such as this. Now my desire is that others have the opportunity to enjoy these coins as much as I do. If I ever find myself wanting to build another, completely different set, with a new meaning and theme, I will start a new set at number 30 something, as I did once before, and do it again!

I am also considering assisting Kevin Flynn in the creation of a new MPL-specific book. So while I may be disassembling the set, this is really just the beginning of my numismatic career.

Sincere regards,
    Duane
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few things to remember:

- If you love someone, set them free.
    - The hunt is often more important than the catch.
    - You're going to have so much fun the next time around, and so much more cash to play with.

Your philosophy is O.K by me. Just sorry that I'm just getting into MPLs right now and not six months ago. I know it would have been fun to trade quips with you.

Best wishes,
    -Matt

P.S. - I've got my eye on a couple of your coins. Hehe.
  • Options
    SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797

I think you will be back Duane ....................I hope so, it was a pleasure to watch you from the sidelines build such a super set in so few months.

Congrats on Achieving your Goal........and doing it with such grace and class...........image

Eric
  • Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    Duane, Thank you for the clarification. Without it, it would seem that you were indeed 'in and out'. I really like that idea of a little booklet with photos and descriptions of the outstanding set you assembled, that you can keep forever!image

Glad to hear that you're just starting out in numismatics. I will wager that you have some hard work in front of you if you want to impress all of the 'matte heads' more than you already haveimage

take care,
    Rob

edit...I apologize to watersport for the highjacking, back to 'Matte proof Lincoln's for the week of 8-27'.image
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    'matte heads'

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
  • Options
    Thank you for all the kind words. They are all greatly appreciated. You guys have watched the passion I attach to these matte beauties! Truly, I'm NOT going anywhere..... In addition to continuing to collect, I want to actually write some more articles on the MPL series and continue to generate enthusiasm and keep learning. There is just so much to learn.

And Matt, I would be honored to trade quips with you! ......I love to barter : )

WS; sorry to grab the forum....

Duane
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    outstanding duane...in every aspect

just don't go away darned it...we's kinda a close lil bunch here...we all share a certain taste that bonds us for life as i see it.

it puts a lil heart n soul into "retired sets" for me and now that set that honors your dad is forever etched

just as your dad may never of been able to back in his day assemble a complete set as i've heard "these were far and few in the day"
    maybe someway shape or form there's more to blessings then we'll ever know.

i'm astounded i've found 6 of the 8 to my set in my short persuit and know...my set is one with blessings bestowed upon me

so yeah...not to hijack anything here...i'm looking too

watersport...you gotta be one of the biggest blessings a "matte head" could of dreamed of

teddy
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My modest set took a year to put together and I have dbemike to thank as he was the only Matte Head I knew and was great at finding them for me. That is WHY the list was started, from my frustration of just trying to find them. Now, we have almost a complete list each week and anybody who wants a set and has the cash, can due it like Duane along with the help of all the other Matte Heads. I would love to know how many of the sets listed have a Matte that was found from the list.

WS
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 1915 mpl pcgs 65 rb....whats it worth?

I suspect somewhere between 2900 to 7800.

It might be for sale at the right price.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a 1915 mpl pcgs 65 rb....whats it worth? >>

I'll buy it off ya
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Legend has a 1915 PCGS PR66RD for 15.5k its currently "on hold"
  • Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    cohodk has a 1915 pr63brn on the bst for $1,250. sweet matty at that

kinda amazing it's still offered if you ask me...tough date as we all know...his example is way clean..under graded if ya ask me
    1915 mpl
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see