Home Sports Talk
Options

Pirates #1 draft pick Alvarez claims contract sent after deadline. Will not sign!

MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
Boras is his agent. The union and MLB are getting into it now. If Alvarez won't sign he goes on the restricted list and cant sign with another team for 2 years I believe. If he doesnt come to terms within those 2 years he becomes a free agent but those 2 years don't count towards his Reserve List limits.

What a embaressment for this team especially after last nights game. Hansen was sent to the minors and Andy Laroche is in a 0-24 slump.
Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set

Comments

• Options
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Wow that looks like it can get messy.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Bora$$ is the root of all that's evil in sports today.

Period.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Pirates and MLB are ready to play hardball, they are saying if this contract is null and void than Eric Hosmer's of the Royals is too as it was delivered after Alvarez's