Home Sports Talk
Options

To my fellow Met fans....

joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
Great game tonight, no smack, I think we all realize that this is going to go down to the wire. Good luck the rest of the way!

Kevin

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow...I'm at a loss for words...

A tough loss indeed.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I'm not used to such sportsmanship from a Philly fan...Is SteveK somehow behind this?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    naaa, I just kept thinking how it would feel if the Phillies had lost this game...especially after the comeback and too many chances to
    win it..heck we had two pitchers have to come in and hit! It's going to be close!

Kevin
  • Options
    The game definitely had a postseason feel to it--got to hand it to the Philly bullpen, they were outstanding. And I have to admit, I thought we had it wrapped up, guess my chirping was the kiss of death, LOLO!!

• Options
    How close was the Howard fly ball to being out in the 9th?

Keivn
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    mets are in trouble. hopefully omar can act quick today as now the phillies cant block us on the waiver wire as there in first. get us another pen arm omar get it done today
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>mets are in trouble. hopefully omar can act quick today as now the phillies cant block us on the waiver wire as there in first. get us another pen arm omar get it done today >>

Typical Mets solution - buy more mercenaries - it won't work.
  • Options

<< <i>Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Steve >>

What no chirpin'??

National League East
    Team W L Pct. GB Home Road East Cent. West L10 Strk
    Philadelphia 73 59 .553 - 39-28 34-31 28-22 21-14 20-12 8-2 W 5
    N.Y. Mets (30) 73 60 .549 ½ 41-25 32-35 29-21 15-18 20-15 6-4 L 1
    Florida (25) 67 65 .508 6 35-31 32-34 27-22 15-17 20-16 4-6 L 1
    Atlanta (16) 58 74 .439 15 35-31 23-43 21-27 12-26 17-14 3-7 W 1
    Washington (5) 47 85 .356 26 24-39 23-46 17-30 15-25 7-20 3-7 W 1
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    In all seriousness... not a perfect game by either side but as tense and engaging as you can get...

GREAT STUFF and just another reason why a tense postseason baseball game is the best type of playoff game...
    utterly unique because of the lack of a game clock.

AWESOME.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm not used to such sportsmanship from a Philly fan...Is SteveK somehow behind this? >>

I've always shown good sportsmanship. For example whenever TO comes to town, out of respect I always throw the smaller AAA batteries at him and not the larger A batteries.
  • Options
    When did J Roll arrive? It's as if he hasn't been there all year.
  • Options
    How would you like to be Pat Burrell today waking up knowing you went 0 for 8 last night. OUCH

Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>Great game tonight, no smack, I think we all realize that this is going to go down to the wire. Good luck the rest of the way!

Kevin >>

<< <i> I'm not used to such sportsmanship from a Philly fan...Is SteveK somehow behind this? >>

Now back to our regular programming.

Eff the Mets. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm not used to such sportsmanship from a Philly fan...Is SteveK somehow behind this? >>

I've always shown good sportsmanship. For example whenever TO comes to town, out of respect I always throw the smaller AAA batteries at him and not the larger A batteries. >>

He should have a car battery dropped on his head from a height of twenty feet.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Delgado!!! CHIRP........ hits one and the game is tied!

Mets will split here and then the Sillies will return to the losing ways of the past few weeks.

You heard (chirp) it here first.

Thankyou and Goodnight.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    This Mets team has shown a great deal of resiliency and the ability to bounce back from a tough loss.

So much for the ludicrous "mercenary" argument SteveK is also espousing.

Back in FIRST!!!!!!