Home Sports Talk
Options

if the mets had ANY kind of bullpen

HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
they'd be Runaway east champs, instead of just leading by a couple games.

IMHO, since they have better pitching than the phillies they're the favorites. but I just can't see them going deep into the playoffs with that crew.

yeow.

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I don't see the Sillies going any further if they make it too.

Oh that's right it was 3 and out last year.

What pitching do they have?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't see the Sillies going any further if they make it too.

Oh that's right it was 3 and out last year.

What pitching do they have?

Steve >>

lessie. perfect closer so far this year and arguably the best bullpen in the NL?
    their problem is they dont have a really really good number 2 starter to throw in a playoff series.

both teams are flawed, the mets IMHO less so, even tho I root for the phils. it just shocks me the mets dont have a SINGLE guy they can rely on.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    According to Kevin, Moyer is the best number 2 around.

The Mets staff will be just fine, bullpen by committee has worked before.

They just picked up a guy too who may do better with a change in scenery.

The starting staff when healthy goes 4 or 5 deep.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>According to Kevin, Moyer is the best number 2 around.

The Mets staff will be just fine, bullpen by committee has worked before.

They just picked up a guy too who may do better with a change in scenery.

The starting staff when healthy goes 4 or 5 deep.

Steve >>

I agree, but at this late date.. they're not going to be healthy for the rest of the season.

It's going to be HUGE how pelfry does down the stretch considering Maine doesn't look at all good and admits he's going to have to pitch through pain from here on out.

Pelfry/Perez/Santana is probably as strong as anyone in the NL. If wagner is gone for the year, they'll be very vulnerable to a patient squad.

Phils'd throw
    Hammy/and any of their other #4 starters. Meyers has upside but I dont think you can have confidence at this point in him.
    Meh.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I don't think any team's fans can complain as much about a crappy bullpen as Cardinals fans can. We've gotta be No. 1 in late, come-from-ahead losses.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I don't think any team's fans can complain as much about a crappy bullpen as Cardinals fans can. We've gotta be No. 1 in late, come-from-ahead losses. >>

The Tigers are something like 5 for 25 in save opportunities when Todd Jones doesn't take the bump. If the Cardinals are worse than this I do indeed pity their fans.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I'd have to look it up, but I think the Cards have blown more than 25 saves this year. However, I doubt the conversion rate is as bad as the percentage of the non-Jones Tigers. Off the top of my head, the team is about 35 of 60 in save opportunities.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage