Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

That is a great article on MPL's sent electronically BY PCGS, Thanks!

Pretty much sums up many aspects of the MPL series. I think we are truly watching appreciation for the cent unfolding.

WS
Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.

Comments

• lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    i had to chuckle a lil over the fact my duaghter ran a penny drive to give to the area's poor and that was the same heading on the front cover of the news paper too

here's the article linked
    pcgs-pennies from heaven
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats an excellent article. A little on the "pumping" side...but good nonetheless. Forebodes a green price guide for some time to come...as I susect the home team is among those 'becoming aware'.

I feel one of the unmentioned reasons for this coins popularity is the advent of high quality digital photography. Now, with ease, you can study the intricate detail of this sculpture at 20X normal size with ease.

............sooner of later, that certified 1917 is going to pop up...and the MPL fraternity will go wild. THAT will the million dollar lincoln. Tell me Mr. Blay will not top ANY bid to get it!!

It even look exciting to see this

1917 PCGS PR66RD image
  • Thank you, all, for the PMs and email comments, as well as the communications above about the article. On a personal note, it is extremely satisfying to know I did all I possibly could to honor my dad, and I feel very 'right' about how the 'collecting' was conducted. When we had to choose a road, we took the high one, and it mattered. Even over a major loss, we did not quit. Somehow, the parts always seemed to fall together in the end. Corny but true: "Pennies from Heaven".

I cannot say enough about the Seattle Matte Man Brian Wagner (sorry, Brian). I strongly advise my fellow collectors to always work with people like Brian. He is my friend and advisor, and no one ever worked harder to help another succeed with a dream. Thank you, MM. As a friend said about another numismatic master, but also sums up my guides very well: "honesty and integrity in spades". BTW, a fellow named Todd Imhof falls into that category for me, as well. I know, I know, Todd, "lunatics and asylums"...... : ) Had it not been for Todd, I would not be collecting.

And to the others who all chipped in, in all the ways that really do matter (and each of you knows), thanks. Jaime Hernandez.....thank you. You really are the "home team advantage". Stewart, thank you for your photogenic charisma; the photo I will always just cherish and laugh...... You have fun collecting, and that has really taught me to lighten up and enjoy the trip.

Lastly, my hope is that the article will bring as much attention to those little MPL gems we love as possible, and that numismatics in general, and MPLs in particular, will have their days to shine in the sun sooner then later. The awareness is coming, and the market gradually maturing, I believe. And I also think that the best is yet to be seen. This is an exciting time to be collecting MPLs. Let’s all enjoy the ride.

Sincerely,
    Duane
  • robecrobec Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a great article. Once again, congratulations on a remarkable set Duane. You may have put it together rapidly, but you did one hell of a job of getting coins of not only high grade but with exceptional eye appeal.
  • curlycurly Posts: 2,880

Outstanding article!!! Congratulations Duane.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Thanks fellas. A little belief can go a long way, huh?
  • MarkJudeMarkJude Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    That was a great article -
    I'm here to learn a little something...
    Mark's Mattes
    Mark's Cameo SMS Set
    Mark's Non-Cameo SMS Set
  • Duane:
    An outstanding article, of historic proportions, I am so happy you were able to complete your set with such fabulous coins. Without question I share your feelings toward Brian Wagner, he is the epitome of honesty, integrity and trust. He shares his vast knowledge and his assessments are spot on. The images of all your coins are excellent and I am amazed at how quickly they have appreciated over the last year. Hope to see you in Florida at the FUN Show in January.
    Regards,
    Jonathan
  • Jonathan-

FUN in the sun with bells on. See you there. Thank you.

Duane
  • BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys!

Book early for the FUN show. I booked both hotel and flight yesterday. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and hopefully some new faces too!

Thanks to all for the kind words. I have enjoyed working with the MPL gang, you are a fantastic group of collectors and now friends.

Best always,

Brian
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • A fine article about an outstanding collection put together in record time by a wonderful human being. When I think of Duane's accomplishment I am reminded of the following, "I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and a devotion to the things you want to see happen. " — Frank Lloyd Wright. But when I think of Grasshopper the person, this quote comes to mind: "People will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel." — Maya Angelou. It's been nice getting to know you, Grasshopper. Your parents must have raised you right. I don't know whether your father would have admitted it, but I AM sure that he would be very proud of you.

I am not kidding,

G99G
    I collect 20-slab, blue plastic PCGS coin boxes. To me, every empty box is like a beating heartimage NOT.

People come up sometimes, and ask me, G99G, are you kidding? And I answer them no, I am NOT KIDDING.

Every empty box?
    C'mon!