Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

More Poppage Wax Packs

Wow,
Two in one day, and this one really sucks. This was my first attempt at Pack grading. I only included the 4 that got graded to get a feel for it. I really sent in the sub for the 10 packs of 1961 Nu-cards Dinosaur that they didn't grade. Guess the size was too big.
Neil

1 1 15459436 N9: NOT GRADED / EXAMPLE NO GRADE, VOUCHER Card US
2 1 15459437 N9: NOT GRADED / EXAMPLE NO GRADE, VOUCHER Card US
3 1 15459438 N9: NOT GRADED / EXAMPLE NO GRADE, VOUCHER Card US
4 1 15459439 N9: NOT GRADED / EXAMPLE NO GRADE, VOUCHER Card US
5 1 15459440 N9: NOT GRADED / EXAMPLE NO GRADE, VOUCHER Card US
6 1 15459441 N9: NOT GRADED / EXAMPLE NO GRADE, VOUCHER Card US
7 1 15459442 N9: NOT GRADED / EXAMPLE NO GRADE, VOUCHER Card US
8 1 15459443 N9: NOT GRADED / EXAMPLE NO GRADE, VOUCHER Card US
9 1 15459444 N9: NOT GRADED / EXAMPLE NO GRADE, VOUCHER Card US
10 1 15459445 N9: NOT GRADED / EXAMPLE NO GRADE, VOUCHER Card US
11 1 15459446 NEAR MINT 7 1978 DONRUSS SKATEBOARD STICKERS WAX PACK SKATEBOARD STICKERS Pack US
12 1 15459447 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1979 TOPPS BASEBALL WAX PACK WAX PACK Card US
13 1 15459448 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1985 TOPPS FOOTBALL WAX PACK WAX PACK Card US
14 1 15459449 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1984 TOPPS FOOTBALL WAX PACK WAX PACK Card US
Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!

Comments

• jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    What was the time frame for them grading your packs? I have a pack order logged in on July 18th and nada yet, thanks John (a fellow Coloradoan)

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Wow did anyone see all the great old packs Mile high has up for auction now?
    Long time unopened pack collector
  • jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    I sent in 5 late 60's/early 70's GAI graded wax packs for cross over and got all N9's too, IMO something is up, a new authenticator trainee? Not a happy camper

Sandlot, nice to see ya come over from the ebay group, we need more pack chatters. What lots have peaked your interested in the Mile High auction? John

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Hello John

There are so many nice packs I would like to win almost all of them but know I won't...lol...
  • Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must say, I am really impressed with the PSA wax pack holders. I made a deal for Neils 79 pack. This was the first time I have seen a PSA holdered pack. I think it blows GAIs holder out of the water.
  • I can tyell you honestly PSA holders are bad the pack is way to loose in holder and does a lot of damage specially in shiping! Actully the GAI holders are much better and case the pack much better
  • "Wow did anyone see all the great old packs Mile high has up for auction now? "

no, please tell us more ass clown.
  • I don't agree with the assessment of the comparison between GAI and PSA holders. Furthermore, I've opened around 30 GAI packs over the years and found about 15% of them to be suspect. Worn corners on some cards, gum stains on cards where that would be impossible and the BIG one, a couple packs where the WRONG year cards were in there...Also opened about 10 PSA packs and have never had any issues with them. Personally, I will never take another chance with GAI graded packs. Shame cause there are some "real nice" packs on the current Mile High Auction...
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I can tyell you honestly PSA holders are bad the pack is way to loose in holder and does a lot of damage specially in shiping! Actully the GAI holders are much better and case the pack much better >>

I agree, and for display purposes the GAI holder is a lot better visually- the PSA holder is so big the pack gets lost. At first I really liked PSA's holder since it's so solid, but as I display my packs rather than ship them around the country to sell at shows I want to see more pack and less holder.
    With any pack the provenance is paramount, and before PSA started grading them in late '06 a lot of packs sold thru Steve Hart, so you're getting the same authenticator essentially. And if you want to purchase a graded pack in anything other than the standard Topps sizes you've got no alternative other than Global.
    I"m glad I don't collect cello packs though, there are so many bad ones out there in GAI holders it's not even funny. At least some of the auction houses just don't care as long as it's holdered, so unless you know the seals or are on Ken S. mailing list it's russian roulette with a full chamber.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• That's interesting Griffins cause all my problem packs with GAI were wax. I never had any with their cellos
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've opened many GAI graded wax packs in search of mint cards for my PSA sets, and have had a great deal of luck. The older packs are definitely better than the newer ones and it pays to know who you're dealing with. Though there are a number of bad GAI graded packs, it's still far better than buying raw (if you can get the packs in the older holders) and many of the GAI graded packs that Steve Hart was selling on his site successfully crossed over to PSA graded packs.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.