Home Precious Metals

Does anyone know where I can buy a real silver bullet?

jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
I seem to recall some time ago that silver bullets were available as a novelty item. Does anyone recall that, and does anyone know a source?

I think that it would be pretty cool to have one.image
Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Comments

• I know I buy silver tipped 9MM hollow points, as far as a 100% silver bullet, I am not sure, but your local gun shop would be a good place to ask. image

Edited to add, are you having a lone ranger moment? image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭

<< <i>are you having a lone ranger moment? image >>

Or werewolf hunting. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Most large gun shows will have one or more reloaders that can make you a nice special-order set.

////////////////////

CAUTION: Silver-Tipped rounds will NOT kill werewolves or vampires.
    .925 rounds work on small and young ones; old ones are only stopped
    with .999 custom-made pills.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    are you having a lone ranger moment?

It's funny you should mention that. I came across the intro to the Lone Ranger Show on U-Tube last week, and now I can't get it outa my head!!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • JoesMaNameJoesMaName Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the significance of silver bullets?
    Were they ever used and why would you want to spent the extra cash to do so?
    Other then to show off the fact that you have money to burn?
    Paul - saved by
    The Fireman...
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806

<< <i>Does anyone know the significance of silver bullets?
    Were they ever used and why would you want to spent the extra cash to do so?
    Other then to show off the fact that you have money to burn? >>

The silver bullet belief goes back a couple of centuries. It was folklore that the only bullets effective against witches and vampires were those made of silver. Silver bullets were also considered to work on people that led charmed lives, where as traditional lead supposedly was ineffective against such a person.

From what I recall the 1700's saw great vampire fears in Europe, and silver shot was made in various places for the purpose of getting rid of them. Bullets in todays sense did not exist at that time.

IMO depleted uranium makes for a much more effective ammunition.
  • They are available right now.

They are known as shotshells. I own quite a large number of them myself.

These are a type of shotgun shell for handguns.

They have one large round of pure silver followed by numerous rounds of buckshot. Looking at the round, all you see is the pure silver bullet tip.

Good for close range, perhaps indoor as they lose their velocity at around 10-15 yards and the shot won't penetrate Sheetrock at 10 yards. The silver ball certainly will, though.

Close up, they make a huge mess. Fired one into a dead Coyote that I had killed the evening before.

I was shocked at the destructive potential, and covered in blood and fur and flesh from around 5 feet away on a gutshot.

I only have them in 9 mil size but you can try cheaper than dirt.com on the net, look for shotshells. They are NOT cheap.

They have such a wide array that they may indeed sell a pure silver boattail bullet. I never looked, I was just after the shotshells and was a bit surprised that they were actually silver.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff