Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Questions on 90% complete free gradings

I have completed an easy set - the Morgan Dollar Mint Mark set. So, I think I get a coin graded for free. Here are my questions:

1. Does the coin have to be a coin in that particular set - in this case, a Morgan Dollar?
2. If I get to 90% on another set, can I send the two or more coins on one submission form (lets assume they are all raw, and no crossovers) and save on return postage?

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Comments

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you are entitled to one free grading, only with that short set, I see only 80% complete, or 100%...so I am assuming your actually 100%.

The coin MUST be required for that set, but the grade will not matter. In other words, it does not have to be equal or higher graded of a coin already in the set.

You must contact them and they will send you a free grading marked up form. This is so they (and you) can keep track of which sets you’re entitled and have/have not used your freebies.

Like all submissions, one form for EACH TYPE of submission. So you would need one “freebie” form for one coin and the others on a separate form.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    1) Yes it must be a Morgan.
    2) If the freebies are close enough in type they will put them on one form. (I received free gradings for both a 20th Century Type Set and a 20th Century Type Set With Varieties on one form.)

I suggest you also register the coins as a Mint Mark Low Ball set (then you will get a total of two free gradings), and if they come on separate forms, just send the forms back to BJ and ask why (she will then put them on one form).
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    PCGS will send forms as you request.

1 form for each, 1 form for all, or any combination.....but you must request it.
    I have a large submission coming that has more than 1 form going in as 1 submission.
    On the second form the # is changed to the same as the first & the coin list starts at 21 (instead of 1).

This really does save on shipping charges.