Home Testing Forum
Options

Setting up your Avatars

How in the world do I set up my Avatar. I can add my images but where do you set you member avatar can someone tell me how.
Big Kahuna

Comments

• Options
    I'm looking for a bit of help setting up my avatar the how to.
    Big Kahuna

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> How in the world do I set up my Avatar. I can add my images but where do you set you member avatar can someone tell me how >>

You need to have an image no bigger than 100 x 100 pixels and less than 10kb in filesize.

The current baseball-related one in your signature line, for example, is just a tiny bit too large, but is close. You can use a program like Paint to resize and/or crop it. Its filesize is already under the 10kb limit so that is fine.

Get your picture ready, sized to 100 x 100 pixels or less (PM me for assistance if you need it), make sure it is under the 10kb filesize and has a handy title like "KahunaIcon1" or something you can find on a long list, and save it to your computer.

THEN, when Icon Upload Day rolls around, you can upload it to the database. Usually Icon Upload Day is the 15th of each month, unless the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday, in which case they usually open the upload permission the day before the weekend or holiday.

On Icon Upload Day, you will go to your Profile and see a box near the bottom of that page that will allow you to upload it to the system. At any other time other than Upload Day, the option is not there and you will not see the otpion to upload a custom avatar/icon.

We used to have unlimited free uploading permission but some trolls got out of hand and were uploading pictures of questionable taste, so the moderators had to clamp down on the privilege and limit it to one day a month, where it could be policed.

Remember the 15th. Usually the curtain of opportunity is open during business hours on the 15th of each month, Pacific time.

This means you have until September 15th to get a suitable avatar ready for yourself. If I can help, let me know.

Rob Shinnick/"lordmarcovan"

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.