hammered Washie

morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't look very "hammered" to me.

Must've been a really SOFT hammer, eh? image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the strike was quite strong, no?

Why so harsh, My Lord?

Scott

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, yes, an exceptional strike, indeed. You misunderstood me.

What I meant to say is that the adjective "hammered" conjures up images of beat up stuff like the large cent I am about to test, below. Or crude, thin medieval coins.

That is nice "modern crap" and I suspect the great Cladking would approve of it. If so, there's high praise- Sam was seeking out nice BU clad quarters in the early 1990s and I laughed at him then, but I ain't laughin' now! I still go for "the-older-the-better", but I don't turn my nose up at nice moderns anymore!

Testing... 1-2-3... testing....

Official 19th century counterstamp on 1787 Brazil 40-reis

"E. L. K." 19th century love token on 1793 Mexico City 1-real

Modern EAC St. Louis Convention (2007) counterstamp on 1816 or 1818 cent with 19th century hole

"L.S.M / Mass. / 1862" counterstamp on 1797 Great Britain "cartwheel" penny, with some interesting textured stippling

"J. L. P." counterstamp on holed 1877 USA Trade dollar with EF details, ex-Holey Coin Vest

1894 engraving (token of some sort?) on Austro-Hungarian silver coin (1-corona, I believe), with loop

Satirical-whimsical engraving on obverse of 1895 South African Republic 2-shilling piece
    (Kruger with meerschaum pipe, top hat, and a new coat)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.