Home Precious Metals

The central banks are playing with fire.

cladkingcladking Posts: 28,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
It's becoming increasingly apparent that the FED et al are targeting
commodity prices directly. This could be exceeedingly dangerous try-
ing to micromanage a recovery with so many ideal characteristics. By
getting metals prices in control it would seem to increase the chances
that they lose control of both the dollar and the recovery

Any thoughts?
Tempus fugit.

Comments

• 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    it would seem that way, unless they have BIG BIG plans to later kill the fiat dollar and tie it to Au and are pulling out all stops to supress the price at all costs b4 they do it.

sincliar and others think this will happen but with gold at $1500+ an ounce....or we get hyperinflation, maybe both

the central banks and the ECB are playing very very dangerously, either way, right now.

• mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Yepper, that would seemingly set the other currencies on their collective butts if all those frn's they were holding were decomissioned in lieu of a new PM backed currency...woah. But, it sure would solve a lot of problems. Man, talk about a conspiracy. Has the US Mint been retooling and being quiet about it...nah. So, it's worth $32 an oz again...nah; help me here, I'm feelin' weak...so those AGE's are still worth $50 right?

• GemineyeGemineye Posts: 5,374

<< <i>help me here, I'm feelin' weak...so those AGE's are still worth $50 right? >>

With all that paper shufflin' goin between the Mint and the Treasury and the Fed...someone is rackin in the $$$$$....with worthless notes....$$$$$....image
    ......Larry........image
  • Artificial price controls will eventually lead to shortages in the physical market, like we are currently experiencing.