Home Precious Metals

Gold Goes Down & Gold Goes Back Up...

RichRRichR Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously now...is this ANY way to run an economy?

Last week...blue skies and butterflies...everything's great...the dollar's great...banks are great...and gold is garbage...get rid of it...just flush it down the drain!

And today...the sky's falling...run for cover...we're all doomed...thousands of banks are going to fail...run for the hills...burn your morgaged house down for the insurance...AND BUY GOLD!

My point is that this is the kind of schitzo crap that's an excellent opportunity for market manipulation...how else to explain 20%+ swings in major markets virtually overnight?!? And with oil and gas prices bouncing all over the place...you just can't do crap like that to an economy and hope for any semblance of stability.

This stuff is infuriating and the truly sad part about it is that innocent people...and their savings and businesses...are being creamed financially as a result of it!

Comments

• Ehem.... wrong forum image
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Wow they are still kicking posts over here if posted in the main forum!
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • GemineyeGemineye Posts: 5,374
    You wanna "stick" this in the stamp forum....image
    ......Larry........image
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    My guess is it will be more down than up till after the presidential elections. Must be that the good old government is trickling out gold reserves to lower the prices. image
  • BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Gold and oil to explode upwards,

after the National Elections are over.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage

• << <i>You wanna "stick" this in the stamp forum....image >>

And kick their post rate up to more than two per week?image
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My point is that this is the kind of schitzo crap that's an excellent opportunity for market manipulation...how else to explain 20%+ swings in major markets virtually overnight?!? And with oil and gas prices bouncing all over the place...you just can't do crap like that to an economy and hope for any semblance of stability.

This stuff is infuriating and the truly sad part about it is that innocent people...and their savings and businesses...are being creamed financially as a result of it!

That's kind of how I see it as well. Buy physical metals at regular intervals and don't get over-extended. We're all just doin' the best we can.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    I would like to see financials get destroyed one more time so I can by some Bank of America.

Oil and PM are just resting...... very temporary.

Two months from now we'll all be kicking ourselves for not seeing the opportunity more clearly.

Economy and real estate won't rebound until 2010.

Just my opinion.

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Economy and real estate won't rebound until 2010

I hope it's that early, but I have my doubts.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)