Home Precious Metals

Cash for gold commercial

Successful transactions with: DCarr, Meltdown, Notwilight, Loki, MMR, Musky1011, cohodk, claychaser, cheezhed, guitarwes, Hayden, USMoneyLover

Proud recipient of two "You Suck" awards

Comments

• TomohawkTomohawk Posts: 667 ✭✭
    Oh, Man! I could have gone my whole life and not seen the lady at the end saying through gapped teeth: "Cash for Gold!"

I'm not sure if I've ever seen a tackier commercial...thank goodness it's fake...or is it?
    ASE Addict...but oh so poor!
  • GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    In one word, DISGUSTING! image
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • They seem pretty desperate!
    SEE the BULL!! BUY the BULL!! BE the BULL!! Do your homework first. And, you will learn alot!!
  • adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    I, uh. I think it's real.

A comment on youtube from someone who says that saw the commercial on TV:

<< <i>I just saw this commercial today (August 5, 2008) on WE tv. Channel 117 on Comcast in Delaware. >>

Yes, the have a website. Yes, it looks real.

Well, it's a new low.

But, you know, we have a ways to go. I could NOT say on this forum the things that the Romans did. Humans can get even more bizarre than this.

They are indeed slimy. Their pay scales are measured in pennyweights. Review your weights and measures. 20 pennyweights to the troy ounce.

Their buy price is listed for 24k gold at $31.32 per pennyweight. Why, thats $626 per troy ounce! Oh, yeah, by the way, you'll need to sell them 10 ounces at least to get that price!

I think we need some visuals from their website.

imageimage

Looks like they are expanding into the MLM world too:

<< <i>Tell a Friend About Us & Get Paid!

Coming Soon >>

• I, uh. I think it's real.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I was hoping it was just a spoof, but the website and phone # did seem legit. Not that I intend to check out either one. I agree it's pretty tacky.
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    I think I would rather have the gold returned as bars than get the cash. image