Home Precious Metals
Options

Has anyone considered

derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
that the recent attack on PMs might only be a concentrated effort to bring price down for some major investors - like financial institutions that are having serious trouble raising capital elsewhere? Would be interesting to see who the recent major buyers are. Wouldn't be surprised to find the Fed/Treasury behind this to help out funds/banks that need a quick "injection."

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Comments

• Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Obviously, on Friday some pretty large players were dumping SLV.

It is more likely that they simply needed CASH, than that they became convinced
    the bull was dead.

But, we have seen more than the approx 20% drop that is generally considered to
    announce the BEAR.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that the recent attack on PMs might only be a concentrated effort to bring price down for some major investors - like financial institutions that are having serious trouble raising capital elsewhere? Would be interesting to see who the recent major buyers are. Wouldn't be surprised to find the Fed/Treasury behind this to help out funds/banks that need a quick "injection."

Yes, that is a major consideration. I count heavily on the assumption that we will never know the real situation since we are about 10 layers removed from the real action, and that the most logical approach is to observe everything social, monetary and political as it swirls around us.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.