Home Precious Metals

Silver action poll

As always I am more interested in what folks are doing than predictions.

So what best describes your current action or plan of action?

Buying, selling, holding, been steadily buying, been steadily selling,

planning to buy when prices are lower
planning to sell when prices are higher

nothing, just like to waste my time talking about stuff I will never own

/edit to add: If folks want to toss in their gold, and platinum actions into this, I don't mind. The other prediction poll is on silver, so this one also says silver.

Comments

• ColinCMRColinCMR Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭
    for now, i'm just watching
  • I will continue to buy both gold and silver. Any losses I sustain couldn't come close to the money I've lost buying overpriced coins at b&m stores in my area.
  • I've wanted to get in for awhile - but the prices have been too lofty. Hoping this buying opportunity lasts for a little while so I can build a position.
    Successful BST purchases from: WaterSport, commoncents123, Hyperion, mozeppa, Mar327, coinlieutenant, Placid, MFH, fishteeth, FilthyBroke, SilverEagles92, illini420, barberman55, pcgs69 (2x) & 123cents

History of the US Constitution Coin Set
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've wanted to get in for awhile - but the prices have been too lofty. Hoping this buying opportunity lasts for a little while so I can build a position. >>

/////////////////////////////////////////

There is NO harm in building a little position.....slowly.

I would have to see REAL strength in a run-up to stop
    adding to my SLV short. BUT, I already have the amount
    of physical metal that makes me comfortable.

I am NOT against having PMs. I am against over-paying
    for huge quantities of them, when I see that folks are
    desperate for cash.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.

• Want to buy silver. Will pay $13/oz for all I can get.
  • RedTigerRedTiger Posts: 5,608
    It is an interesting divergence in action vs. thoughts. In the other poll on predictions, currently 76% say prices are headed lower. Yet in my poll a slim majority say they are buying or planning to buy. Very few are selling and zero say that they are short. I guess those talking about lower prices are unwilling to back up those ideas with action, or think the dip down will be too quick to sell here and buy lower.

predictions poll
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

"...and zero say that they are short...."

/////////////////////////////////////////

I voted "been selling steadily."

Didn't see the "short" choice.

Sorry.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    I have been buying So Called Dollars in sterling silver.

With an ounce or more in silver in each SCD, I have over

50 ounces of silver. If the value of my SCDs goes up, I make

money. If the Value of silver goes up I make money.

My average price for each SCD sterling is 20 dollars.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    Looking to buy now.
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to buy but I'm unable to locate any.

Willing to pay 12x face for cull Morgan and Peace dollars.

I was laughed at yesterday.

APMEX wants $14.64 a piece for culls, as of now.

Scott
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Most of my silver is collector silver, so for bullion silver I do not have much of, yet all could be considered bullion, but mine are sellect and will not sell in this or any other market! I do have very little bullion or common coinage that I could sale but it is so little I will hold just in case I need some to buy food with, which I never hope to see!
  • I am looking to buy some ASEs and bars but everyone seems to be out.

• << <i>I am looking to buy some ASEs and bars but everyone seems to be out. >>

THAT IS MY PROBLEM TO CAN'T FIND ANY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am looking to buy some ASEs and bars but everyone seems to be out. >>

They are available but just not at these levels
  • I'm looking to buy, but not until the divergence between "spot" and "street" narrows. Right now, I think there's enough demand to keep the physical metals higher than spot, and that spread is too much right now IMO. It will take some time to work out. I think buyer are afraid that this is a temporary dip, and that is propping up demand. I think prices will bounce around at or near these levels for awhile. But of course, who knows?
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm usually buying an OBW silver roll or two on ebay, just because.

In addition, when silver is on an upward run I might decide to buy a larger amount if it fits with my cash management position at that moment.

I get more excited about having the price run away from me than having the price crater. It does both, but my bias is ultimately towards much higher prices in silver. Time isn't a big factor during my accumulation phase.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Still buying physical when the price is right.

Mainly just holding onto the hoard and watching and waiting.

This is all very intersting.

Seems to be a play to shake out the little guys and it's working as far as my main B&M shop goes. They know they can sell to me instantly and there has been a fair amount trickling in. Picked up 7 100 oz. Englehards last week at spot. I'm sure the shop paid around .50 under.

They are seeing a lot of 1 oz. oddball rounds coming as well.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff

• << <i>

<< <i>I am looking to buy some ASEs and bars but everyone seems to be out. >>

THAT IS MY PROBLEM TO CAN'T FIND ANY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

LIVE IN BOSTON AREA ANY LEADS???????????????????????
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    I'm holding for less than $10. No need or desire to accumulate at higher prices.