Home U.S. Coin Forum

Post Your Type B Washington's if you have any............

19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭

MS64
I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

Comments

• EdscoinEdscoin Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭
    I don't have a closeup shot, But it is a type 2

ED
  • BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    I need to take pix of some anyway, so in the meantime - here's one!

imageimage
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's an MS65 1957:

The toning plays havoc with my scanner...........
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • I love the line ups on these posts
    -Rome is Burning

MS64

The name is LEE!
    MS64

The name is LEE!
  • I have lots of images of colorful ones I have sold this year....but I will just post the ones I still own image

I really really like your Type B Toners Daniel!

The name is LEE!
    << I really really like your Type B Toners Daniel! >>

• fishteethfishteeth Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Nice, I REALLY like them all but especially the 56 and 58.

Want to sell the 56?

If so, PM me. image
    1961 can be difficult to locate along with the 1956's and the 1964's!

MS65

The name is LEE!
  • 19Lyds and SUMORADA have both posted typical 1956 B's. Note how weak the leaf in the angle between stem ends above T of QUARTER is.
    Now the trick is to find a strong leaf specimen on a 1956. I think it can be done.
    Look at the 64 that fishteeth posted Herb. Looks strong to me.

That last 1961 I posted is pretty strong as well.

The set up I have on my scanner does not favor much detail on the lower portion of the coin but if I turn the coin sideways, it shows up much better. I just found this out so now I have to rescan all the reverses. Dang!

The name is LEE!
  • That particular weakness of the leaf is on the 1956's only. I should have been clearer on that post. I have now edited it as well as this one.
    Otherwise than most 1956's, that leaf is longer than the one on the other varieties and all by itself proves that it is a type B.
    A-h-h-h! I understand now. Given the toughness of even finding a 56, this could be quite a challenge!

The name is LEE!
    Here's a little something I threw together sorta quickly.

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The reason more people don't send these in for grading is because they need to be pretty darn sure that their

coins will make a grade that merits the expense. Secondly, finding the coin numbers is or was just about impossible -

(PCGS coin #s, that is). After finally piecing the puzzle together and obtaining all the numbers, I got mixed signals from

Customer Service regarding actual submission.

I spoke with 3 different employees on 3 seperate occassions and each one in turn told me to just fill in the coin #s and the graders etc would know what to do. NOT SO!

After filling in a submission as instructed, I sent a decent sized order in. As is customary, one day I got the "You've got grades" email!

Lo & behold, ALL the coin #s had been changed and they all were graded as normal circulation strikes with corresponding #s. Man, am I glad I caught this or I'd have had to send them back to PCGS AGAIN!

The setup coin was a 59 that I sent in having cut it's compartment from the rest of a 1959 US Mint set.

It's my fault for NOT really examining the coin closely because it came back PCGS 63! image

I made several PCGS 64 and an equal amount of PCGS 65s but had I not caught the fact that the PCGS coin numbers were NOT the numbers I had entered, they were about to ship the coins back graded as regular circulation strikes! image

Anyway, I had to OK an additional $20 per coin over & beyond what I was initially instructed to, just to have the FS-901 numbers placed on the labels BEFORE they left the building. NOT A PROBLEM because after all, they are Varieties or Errors ... I suppose.

My point is simply this. Make sure you have the correct numbers and when you receive that email check to be sure the coins have indeed been graded accordingly .... make sure the coins merit the expense grade-wise AND count on paying the additional money to obtain the corresponding FS-901 numbers!

It took selling 5 of the 9 sent in for surprisingly decent money just to pay for the invoice. The 57 here was won from Teletrade. A fellow forum member had his sold at Teletrade. I know who the member is and respect his privacy & will not devulge his name. What he chose to do & why is his perogative. I prefer to auction mine myself.

2 of what I had left was profit enough to run out and find some that I feel will go 65, RAW on eBay, leaving me with 2 already made & paid for & I'm about ready to send another group in. Nothing TOO big but big enough & I sure will be comparing the candidates for grading to the ones I still have here image
    Absolutely Boom! Grading these can get very pricey. Getting ANY CPG variety attributed can be an expensive proposition!

For those about to submit:

Date PCGS No
    1956 145647
    1957 145024
    1958 146067
    1959 146068
    1960 145643
    1961 146069
    1962 146070
    1963 146071
    1964 145654
    1964-D 145423 (This is the Type C Reverse which is the Reverse of 1965)

MS64

The name is LEE!
    Last Two:

The name is LEE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file