Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

NEW SF PRESIDENT DOLLARS

any one have predictions on value of new SF pres. dollars? or predictions of pops of each? i think the position B coins (D) may end up with lowest pops...anyone have any Ps yet?
just trying to get us all a new president thread going...all you guys can now make-up since the awards are done..>LOL...

Comments

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    I have not heard of this. Link?
  • Options
    see this set: Presidential Dollars Basic Set, Satin Finish (2007-2016)
    look at my set:Ryan Small Satin Finish Presidential Dollars Set 1
    i dont know how to send a link...but if you look at my set, (i dont want to intrude on anyone else's) i have a couple of the new SFs.
    Other sets also have them. btw, all of the satins are out now, but no sets (currently) have van buren or jackson listed.
  • Options
    I thought they were thinking about getting rid of the whole series?
    Looking for Au Classic Commems...
    Also looking for VF-EF Seated halves.

Sell me your old auction catalogs...image
  • Options
    Copperfan,
    Can you please let us all know about the getting rid of the series news, as i have not heard of this? where was this information received from? can you please please elaborate?
  • Options
    Ive read in CoinWorld, and heard rumors here, that the Mint wants to either discontinue the series outright, or at the very least move the edge lettering. I could be wrong, but Im pretty sure I read this recently. Ill see if I can find the article.........
    Looking for Au Classic Commems...
    Also looking for VF-EF Seated halves.

Sell me your old auction catalogs...image
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ive read in CoinWorld, and heard rumors here, that the Mint wants to either discontinue the series outright, or at the very least move the edge lettering. I could be wrong, but Im pretty sure I read this recently. Ill see if I can find the article......... >>

What article was that?
    I must have missed that one. (issue date and Page ..please)

The Satin Finish Presidents are not going anywhere. It takes awhile for PCGS to grade hundreds of sets.
    Should be a big supply in 2-3 weeks to fill some holes in our sets.

They MAKE so many of those bad boys!

Now..which ones will be in low supply of MS69's...Time will tell.

Lots of MS68's..................
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Ive read in CoinWorld, and heard rumors here, that the Mint wants to either discontinue the series outright, or at the very least move the edge lettering. I could be wrong, but Im pretty sure I read this recently. Ill see if I can find the article......... >>

What article was that?

The Satin Finish Presidents are not going anywhere. It takes awhile for PCGS to grade hundreds of sets.

Lots of MS68's.................. >>

In this particular case, the 2008s are very hard to come by in MS69. Most of our orders of 200 coins each did not have any MS69s. We've submitted & received back results on 3200 Presidents (2008 Satin) & have only received a small handful of MS69s to show for it. At this rate, the populations will be very low. I'm not sure how many other dealers would like to submit 400 sets of presidents for grading without any MS69s. It's a very expensive project that is hard to do once, let alone repeat. If you're reading this & you're a dealer, you'll know exactly what I mean.

This means that "MS69s a plenty" is not the case. I wish my story were different & I could say there would be enough to go around, but sadly, no. It would be better for dealers & collectors alike if it worked out "a plenty". Many MS69 collectors are going to be left out or only be able to buy one or two coins here or there.

Anyone with good news, please share!
    Seth
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    I'm in the middle of 600 sets for my submissions and i do not have any numbers or estimates yet. i don't see anything as tough as the P Wash pres or the P Wyoming but I do see the Kennedy and Roosey as being very tough so far in high grade.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm in the middle of 600 sets for my submissions and i do not have any numbers or estimates yet. i don't see anything as tough as the P Wash pres or the P Wyoming but I do see the Kennedy and Roosey as being very tough so far in high grade. >>

Please report back with actual grades when they come in. You may be surprised with the results.
    Seth
  • Options
    Seth, as you know the wild card is always the way they are grading them and the luck of the draw with the sets the mint sends you. It sounds like they have significantly tightened up from last year.
  • Options
    Mark, your grading results will tell all. I'm in no hurry to sell 69s with the difficulty of replacing them. Please share your results when they come in. I'm a strong buyer if you would like to sell them. I'd like to order 5-10 complete 16 coin sets of 69s at the prices you sold the 2007s for. image
    Seth
  • Options
    gee, that sounds like a real good dealimage
  • Options
    You said none of them were as hard to find GW P, so if you made 5? GWPs last year, you might be willing to sell what you make this year for the same price especially if they're easier for you to come by. I don't mean disrespect, but I disagree with your assessment of how many MS69s will be made available. If you're right, I would like to buy them all. You just have to get them in holders first. image

Fair enough?
    Seth
  • Options
    Another bit of news to share for the State Quarter collectors. We have not received any MS69s so far to date out of 1500 coins submitted & graded.

Any other dealers that have grading news please share.
    Seth
  • Options
    sounds like customer appreciation month at pcgs again. There are alternatives you knowimage
  • Options
    seth,
    does 600 sets mean the same as 600 satin finish coins submitted?
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There are alternatives you know >>

ANACS image
  • Options
    Ryan,

I assume Mark meant 600 complete 28 coin mint sets if that's what you're asking. Please ask Mark if you would like to know how many of those he's submitting.
    Seth
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still trying to get over the news that the highest grade on A. Jackson business strikes is MS65!! image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm still trying to get over the news that the highest grade on A. Jackson business strikes is MS65!! image

Wondercoin >>

I was told the same thing for Denver Mint coins. 500 coins might be 1 MS66? Ouch!
    Seth
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We screened 10,000 (P) mint A. Jackson coins to submit the nicest roughly 250. It should be interesting to see what happens (on this incredible waste of time project).

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm still trying to get over the news that the highest grade on A. Jackson business strikes is MS65!! image

Wondercoin >>

YIKES!

That is bad!

So are the ms64's going to be the undergrades?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

What article was that?

Lots of MS68's.................. >>

In this particular case, the 2008s are very hard to come by in MS69. Most of our orders of 200 coins each did not have any MS69s. We've submitted & received back results on 3200 Presidents (2008 Satin) & have only received a small handful of MS69s to show for it. At this rate, the populations will be very low. I'm not sure how many other dealers would like to submit 400 sets of presidents for grading without any MS69s. It's a very expensive project that is hard to do once, let alone repeat. If you're reading this & you're a dealer, you'll know exactly what I mean.

This means that "MS69s a plenty" is not the case. I wish my story were different & I could say there would be enough to go around, but sadly, no. It would be better for dealers & collectors alike if it worked out "a plenty". Many MS69 collectors are going to be left out or only be able to buy one or two coins here or there.

Anyone with good news, please share! >>

Seth,

At least at this date and time, you are the only one that can report what happened to you.
    So far MS69's are few..

Bet you can sell us lots of MS68's!

WOW! 2008 is going to be interesting!
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    First Submission of almost 500 P & D State Quarters has been completed, No MS69's !!!!!

Also in news on our latest submission of 200 Presidential Dollars, No MS69's this time !!!!

Anybody want some MS68's ???
  • Options
    i hit 14 SF 69 p coins!!! just kidding! i was actually wanting to know how to change my icon that shows up with my nickname on the message boards to a picture that i have stored in my computer...if anyone knows how to do that please tell me...thanks,
    ryan
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    What's a Presidential dollar?
  • Options
    no idea what a pres. dollar is.