Home Precious Metals
Options

PM: Down & Out or Rebound Soon?

RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

So what's the general consensus on the PM market...dive continues; stabilizes and holds flat for a period; rebounds sharply?

Also...is anyone detecting any softening in the broader collecting market...or is this a PM/commodities phenemena only?

Comments

• Options
    500Bay500Bay Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭
    still sinking - but at a slower rate
    Finem Respice
  • Options
    Definitely still on the downward turn.
    -Rome is Burning

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heading into the 700's >this will go down as one of the biggest mas exxodus in PM's since 1980.

• Options

<< <i>So what's the general consensus on the PM market...dive continues; stabilizes and holds flat for a period; rebounds sharply? >>

yes
    Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • Options
    Money obtained now from selling PMs would need to be reinvested. Lemme see: the NYSE, which fell from 14,000 Dow to 11,000? No. CDs that pay less than the rate of inflation? No. Real Estate? No. Stuff the old mattress with FRNs? No. What's left? SUVs, maybe?

I'll leave my stuff at the bank, and wait until commodities traders pump up prices again. Oil gets harder to find every year, and more expensive to produce, and it's likely to remain the driving force (pun intended) for commodities for a long time to come.
    Good deals with: goldman86 mkman123 Wingsrule wondercoin segoja Tccuga OKCC LindeDad and others.

my early American coins & currency: -- http://yankeedoodlecoins.com/
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    PMs, or any investment, cannot continue on the fast track it had been forever. Even if it settles back, to say, $600 by year end it still would have doubled over a six year period which is a fine investment. Gold isn't going to jump 30-40% every year. Some years it may. Some years it will lose the same, but overall it averages a few percent per year in the long haul. It's good to have some money in it, but not something I'd bet the farm on. I could see it down to 700 and then stablizing some time next year when all mrkets begin to stablize

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    PM's are inferior worthless trash. I'm out for whatever I can get.

When and if the market recovers I will maybe reenter at 2X whatever I sold for. At that time I will know that PM's are finally worthy again.

I want what everyone else wants, after all. image Don't want what they don't want also. Follow the crowd? Yeah, thaz me massa.
  • Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    I hope platinum declines below the Mint's inventory cost. In that case they just might stop selling the 2008's and wait for 2009.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    time to start getting back in now that prices have become "more reasonable".

went to the local coin store and bought the two silver 10 Oz bars left.
    paid the same price as ampex for engelhard poured. time to
    slowly build up the stash again depending on the price.

if silver goes down another dollar... well time to find a few more bars.

etc... over a few months time to a year a significant amount of metal
    can be gathered.
  • Options
    We need a subject rotation on this Board