Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Free gradings when you reach 90%

rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know if you have to use these for the set you have reached 90% completion on?

I have reached 90% on my 69 set and emailed for my 3 free gradings through the registry.

The problem is I have only 1 69 worth sening in, but I have a few cards for my other registries I would like to use this for.

Am I allowed to send in cards besides the 69s?

thanks
Looking for FB HOF Rookies

Comments

• RangermanRangerman Posts: 276 ✭✭
    no
    Rangerman / ARMEDPILOT

B)
  • hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they will send you a submission form, basically all filled out, you just enter the cards you are submitting, they must be used for the set at 90%
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks. I can come up with 3. 69s. Just have to hope for the best.
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I rarely buy raw cards, but I had to start stocking up on raw cards because I knew I didn't have anything worth submitting when I reached 90% completion. I should have been more patient and just waited on my sub because 25% of the stuff I ended up having graded for free wasn't even worth the shipping I had to pay. Oh well. I wouldn't be me if I didn't always put the cart before the horse.
  • If I were you I would wait till I have 3 great condition cards to send in.

If the free grading voucher has an expiration date, then I would call PSA to see if I can cancel the 3 free voucher gradings and request them again when you are ready with 3 great cards to send in. Do whatever works best for you and don't hold back on calling PSA to see what they can do for you!

Good luck and congrats on reaching 90% that is great.

HK
  • mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I rarely buy raw cards, but I had to start stocking up on raw cards because I knew I didn't have anything worth submitting when I reached 90% completion. I should have been more patient and just waited on my sub because 25% of the stuff I ended up having graded for free wasn't even worth the shipping I had to pay. Oh well. I wouldn't be me if I didn't always put the cart before the horse. >>

My plan for my 56 set is to buy nice SGC 88s and then crack them when I hit 90%. They moved that carrot on me though. I'm only closing in on 65%. The freebies would have been in sight at 75%.
    "I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973
  • recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem. I have vouchers for '69 basketball and '77 football, but have nothing worth sending in.
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    You can re-submit some already slabbed cards to see if they get a .5 bump. I have a submission in right now that's like that.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You can re-submit some already slabbed cards to see if they get a .5 bump. I have a submission in right now that's like that. >>

I might go that route.

I do have 1 worth grading though. I pmed a guy that has some nice raw 69s maybe he can help me out
  • I was just looking to submit some cards after I passed 75% on a few sets. Now I see the completion requirement is 90%. Just when and why did that freakin change? What a bunch of crap this is. I've been looking forward to getting to 75% and now I need 90% - I am not happy!!!
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    yep they changed that this spring. i put in for my freebies before the change took place. they did make it known when the change was going to take place.

i probably will never get my freebies for my favre master set. i have roughly 800 slabbed favres in my master set yet i cant get one free submission. yet i get a free one for my 96 Playoff Prime Honors 3 card set!!! image
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    I was just looking to submit some cards after I passed 75% on a few sets. Now I see the completion requirement is 90%. Just when and why did that freakin change? What a bunch of crap this is. I've been looking forward to getting to 75% and now I need 90% - I am not happy!!!