Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Some general info needed.

coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have withheld entering a set that I have been assembling for 14 years, with intentions of entering only upon completion, even though the category has only been available for a short time. The remaining slots of the set may take several decades to locate, so I'm leaning toward entering the 92% complete set. Having read the set entry rules, I have some lingering questions:
1) Do all specialty coins in PCGS holders require the PCGS attribution to qualify for a specialty set, or can they be entered simply by date and cert. number with a claim by the submitter as to the specifics of the specialty?
2) Can the entered grades only of the included coins be hidden from view, or does the non-viewable selection mask all entries from public view?

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    Coins are entered into sets by their cert numbers and not specific dates. Therefore, if a 'specialty' set requires a specialty coin, that coin must be attributed by PCGS which would be reflected with the certification number.

For example, for the Complete Eisenhower Proof Dollars set, 4 specialty coins are required. The FS-103 and FS-106 1971-S coins and the FS-101 1972-S and 1973-S coins.

I cannot simply enter a 1971-S in the FS-103 slot and note that it's an FS-103. That designation is tied directly to the cert number.

As for hiding the grades of coins, as far asd I know you cannot do this however you can choose to NOT "Allow the public to view set item details?" This means your set gets shown in its place (either 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc) but the public cannot see what coins are in the set.

Hope this helps!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!