Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My Yankees Project

Because Beckett changed its message board, I've decided to start a thread devoted to my Yankees Poster on the PSA Boards. I'm currently at 74 signatures on the poster. I will mat the poster around cut signatures of Yankees greats as well as (hopefully) a ticket stub from the 1923 Opening Day and the 2008 Final Regular Season game,

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Because Beckett changed its message board, I've decided to start a thread devoted to my Yankees Poster on the PSA Boards >>

I think I would have worded this a little differently.
  • Options
    Usually Beckett board means spoiled 16 year old geek on his laptop. BTW, awesome project!
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i> BTW, awesome project! >>

I agree. It's a great project.

Just had to add that image
  • Options
    I like it because I can actually look at most of the autos and tell who they are.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Very nice!

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Because Beckett changed its message board, I've decided to start a thread devoted to my Yankees Poster on the PSA Boards >>

I think I would have worded this a little differently. >>

Beckett was the first hobby board I joined and I started a thread on this project in 2007. From what I've seen on this board I know many members don't like Beckett but the quoted sentence was the truth. I will eventually post a list of players on the poster and those I would like on the poster.

A few things that are cool about the poster are as follows:

Yogi Berra doesn't usually do inscriptions in person
    Willie Randolph is a hard to get autograph and hasn't had an autograph signing in about a decade
    Whitey Ford inscribed it "Chairman of the Board"

It is scheduled to be signed by the following:
    Derek Jeter
    Joe Torre
    Gil McDougald
    Dave Winfield
    Wade Boggs
    Rick Rhoden
  • Options
    Updated pictures:

• Options
    TJMACTJMAC Posts: 864 ✭✭
    Wow, I am very impressed! That has got to be one of the coolest projects I have seen! Granted, I am a Yankees fan and biased.
  • Options
    Thanks, I am posting updates on sportscollectors.net but I remembered this thread and I'm bored at work so I bumped it with a new picture.
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Very Nice!

How long have you been working on this project?

I ask this, because 80 year old Whitey Ford's auto particularly caught my eye, as it is very neat and clear.

His more recent autos are kind of scribbley, yet respectfully expected of someone his age.

I remember hearing that Whitey Ford no longer adds "Chairman of the Board" to anything he
    signs!

Be sure to post more pics as you progress image

PoppaJ
  • Options
    Very nice project . I am not even a Yankee fan and i have to say thats awesome . I would love
    to do something like that with the Braves .
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Very Nice!

How long have you been working on this project?

I ask this, because 80 year old Whitey Ford's auto particularly caught my eye, as it is very neat and clear.

His more recent autos are kind of scribbley, yet respectfully expected of someone his age.

I remember hearing that Whitey Ford no longer adds "Chairman of the Board" to anything he
    signs!

Be sure to post more pics as you progress image

PoppaJ >>

I believe that Whitey will be in Long Island, NY this weekend signing at the card show in Hofstra University.

Edited to add: On the website for the show it says no more chairman of the board inscriptions.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I like how the 3 perfect game pitchers all signed together. That's really a nice project, and a true 1/1.
  • Options
    Hey everybody,

just updating you guys on my poster, I am currently at 87 or 88 signatures; I've posted the following videos on youtube of players signing and video clips of them when they were playing:

Yankees Poster

Yankees Poster Part 1
    Yankees Poster Part 2
    Yankees Poster Part 3
  • Options
    Outstanding, very nice.
  • Options
    Isn't that the birthday card George Castanza was supposed to get for Mr. Steinbrenner ? (Seinfeld)

Kramer gave it to a little kid in the hospital - then took it back - only to promise Paul O'Neal would hit TWO homeruns for the kid ?

Wow - that's a great signed poster.

• Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    Wow man that is pretty much unreal. Awesome.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome project...image

Great job with it....Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    cool project. good luck with it. its fun to watch
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    awesome project - keep up the great work

• Options
    Amazing piece! Lou
    Collecting Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell cards.
  • Options
    That is a really cool Project
    I can't say I have seen too many like that , that is for sure . .

Where Is Reggie Jackson , there is a slight glare on some of the pics , is he on there ?
  • Options

<< <i>That is a really cool Project
    I can't say I have seen too many like that , that is for sure . .

Where Is Reggie Jackson , there is a slight glare on some of the pics , is he on there ? >>

Reggie is under Whitey Ford, to the right of Mattingly and to the left of Dave Winfield close to Right Field. Thanks everyone for the kind words.