Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Wrestling card fans, what's the rookie of Hulk Hogan?

Is the 1985 Topps Hulk Hogan WWF card #1 considered the rookie card of the Hulkster? I'm looking to add him from the wrestling realm to my signed HOF/Legends collection. Thanks for the help,

Mike
Buying US Presidential autographs

Comments

• DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    No, He has a card from 1982 Wrestling All-Stars Series A 2 Hulk Hogan All Stars. 4 have been graded according to the pop report.

Dave

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Dave,

Mike
  • DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    NM. Got my movie sequels confused.
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    How does he spend all that money on steroids and never get a weave or a hair transplant?!?!?
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How does he spend all that money on steroids and never get a weave or a hair transplant?!?!? >>

HAHA! Maybe it's an intentional look. It's called a skullett, and it's da bomb!!
  • markmacmarkmac Posts: 412 ✭✭✭
    These cards were inserted into a magazine if my memory serves me right. I also think they had to be hand cut from the sheet inside the magazine.
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the 82 Wrestling All Star Rookie in PSA 9. They were mail order and sold at wrestling shows in the Northeast. The cards are very condition sensitive. They came in shrink wrap with Andre The Giant on top. You will not find an Andre in PSA 8 or better with almost all having some corner damage. It is said that there are only a few thousand sets of each of the 3 from this series.
    Dpeck100,

I saw you post in another thread and I think you mentioned you have several Hogan. I'm not interested in high condition ones as I'm not paying a premium for condition sensitivity, as it will end up being autographed anyways, but do you have any in a PSA 5 or equivalent condition available for sale?? I still haven't picked one up although I've seen the raw ones several times on ebay since my post in 2008. I did pick up a Flair though and got it signed for my collection.

Mike
    I don't, they are hard to come by right now as these cards sometimes sell for just as much in a 5 as they do a 7. Almost all raw cards sold on EBAY from the Wrestling All Stars will grade 7 and below. I have five Hogans and two of them are graded and the others are probably a 7. The only mint cards I have gotten are from the sealed sets I have purchased and they were expensive. With this Strasburg mania maybe paying $400 for the sealed 82 A that yielded some GEM Mint, Mint, and NM-Mt cards was worth it image. My only adivce would be to keep checking EBAY. I honestly am I not looking to part ways with any of the cards and I am stil buying. I am a long time wrestling fan and I think these cards are very unique and have a long way to go in value. The Hogan and Flair have already moved a lot but there are a lot of sleepers in here that at some will go from $2 to $3 in the book to $10. I check all the time and If I see one I will try and get back to this thread and let you know. Take care.
  • eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭
    The 82 hogan and Flair have really gone up a lot in value over the past few years. I still like the 85 topps Hogan since it is a WWF card and a classic from growing up. I also like the 88 NWA wonderama Flair card. The 82 set has sold well on ebay lately thought.. over 150 bucks for the set raw.

Dpeck100

Would you have any doubles of andre the giant for sale. since he didn't have a 85 topps card i want to get this one.
    Thanks
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    The 1982 Wrestling All-Stars Series is like the 1952 Topps or 1986 Fleer of wrestling cards. It is loaded with stars from every territory and federation, and was printed in limited quantities. It was hard to find even in 1985.

I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
    I am still working on building my collection. I am not interested in selling any. I will do this, the next time I see one on EBAY I will post back in here and let you know one is for sale. I won't get it to a bidding war like I did for the Tyson image I got that card today and the shipping was horendous. The card was okay and certainly not worth the $82 bucks right now. It may be at some point. I have a large number of BGS graded Hogan 1985's. If you want one of those I may sell you one if the price is right.
    The Nature Boy

• << <i>The Nature Boy

image >>

woooooooooooooo
    So cool! I love this card and to have it autographed is just awesome! Can you tell us how you got it signed?
  • Used to buy wrestling cards all the time back in the day. Always wondered why they haven't appreciated the same way other sports or even non sports cards have. I imagine that will probably happen one day.

This is my favorite wrestling card set (not my auction/don't know seller)
    i just discovered the 85 OPC series 2 set. I don't really think this set was produced in 1985 thought because i think it has cards of wrestlemania 2 which i'm pretty sure was 1986. Anyways.. it has some "rookie" cards like Macho Man that wasn't made by topps until 1987. I bought a set on ebay and the seller was very cool.. The macho man was so offcenter it was pretty much miscut. I emailed him to see if he had any doubles and he sent me a mint one for free.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
    The OPC cards are so off centered. Possibly the worst set of cards fresh from the pack.

The Macho Man card should be worth more then $2.

I have every set of wrestling cards from the 80's and the Wrestling All Stars are still the best I think. The fact that you had to order them from a magazine kept the supply extremely low.

Another great set is the Wrestling All Stars magazine cards that came in the magazine. That has a lot of great stars and old shots. There are 54 cards in total.
    Yeah OPC are know for being cut terrible. I agree the 82 set is the most collectible and def the most rare. Not a very rare card but just got back a The Rock rookie 1998 Superstarz psa 10. Could be a pretty tough card to get in a 10 with the red edges. I threw it on ebay just to see if there was any interest.. there was pretty much zero
    I ordered some cards from wrestleprints.com. He has them advertised for a lot but came down some when I got the scans.

If you are not condition sensitive I suggest emailing him and trying to work a deal. I should get the cards soon so I will let you know how my cards look when I get them.

<< <i>I ordered some cards from wrestleprints.com. He has them advertised for a lot but came down some when I got the scans.

If you are not condition sensitive I suggest emailing him and trying to work a deal. I should get the cards soon so I will let you know how my cards look when I get them. >>

I'd be interested in seeing what your cards look like. I've almost bought a Hogan from them a couple times but never pulled the trigger.

Mike
    I bought a Hogan for $75, a Flair for $50 and two Andre's for $20 a piece. The cards in the scans looked good but the second go round did not look so hot that is why I think you can get them for cheaper. I should have them in a few days and will let you know. He has a return policy but I am hoping the cards look good. He bought the cards directly from the old editor of the Wrestling News so I was especially interested in the Andre cards becuase almost all have a dinged corner from the sealed wrapper they came in. I think an Andre in graded 8 or better would go for big money.
    i just bought an andre from him today for 20 bucks. I was thinking about picking up a few more to save on shipping and flipping them on ebay but didn't bother. Prob could get close to 30 for them on ebay. The last one in about the same condition as his scans sold for about 28 bucks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380240489157&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT
    I just got mine in the mail and they look great!! Beat my expectations. His Andre cards are great and yes they have been going for close to $30 on EBAY. I think the Andre is going to $50 soon as they are drying up. He bought the cards from the guy who made them so the Andre cards look like they were never packaged which is a big plus due to damaged corners from the wrapper. I have 11 Andre's and these are some of the better one's I have. Good luck with your purchase!
  • Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭
    Nice
    1982 Andre The Giant PSA 8

The Andre The Giant card continues to surge. Here is a strong Andre sale in PSA 8 NM-MT. There are only five in the population and two of them are the cards I got from Wrestleprints for $20 I posted in this thread.

This was a great example I was taken by surprise at how strong the price was.