Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1990 Pro Set Football

I was looking at some sets to sell and tried to get some prices from Beckett.com but they have changed and can't find out how to subscribe to the online price guides. Can someone help me out with a price for each series of the 1990 Pro Set Football?

I am also missing card 338, 685, and 753-780. Which cards are these and which series are they from?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure, but I would have to guess Series I is worth about $.50, while Series II containing the Emmitt Smith RC is worth about $2.00.
  • Hold off on your retirement plans... the 2008 Big Beckett shows the following for 1990 Pro Set (801 cards total):

Complete Series 1 (377 cards) $10.00
    Complete Series 2 (392 cards) $10.00
    Complete Series 3 (32 cards) $4.00

If you are looking to sell, it probably isn't worth your time to complete the set.

Snorto~

• Thanks for the info.
  • I still have a few unopened boxes of this stuff. It is essentially worthless.

J
  • Aside from the 1990 Score and Fleer supplemental/traded sets, nothing from 1990 has much value outside of some error cards. For the most part 1987 - 1992 was a wasteland in football, with the notable exception of 1989 Score.

Snorto~
  • metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    I will pay you 20 for a Fred Marion error card
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • I think that stuff is still being printed.
  • mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean about the new site. Whenever I have a couple of new set projects or player collections, I get the online price guide for its ability to list complete lists of player cards and set cards. I was trying it the other night and when I got to the point of BUYING the OPG, it kept sending me to a page to buy the Almanac book and such. Great way to run off customers is to NOT make your product available.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I still have a few unopened boxes of this stuff. It is essentially worthless.

J >>

True, except if you pull a PSA 10, BGS 9.5 worthy Emmitt card. A $100.00+ card.
    remember that Payne Stewart card?? I only pulled one of those out of 5-6 boxes, so it seemed really rare to me. Was it really that tough of a pull?
  • i pulled a few payne stewarts image sold them for good money too lol.

• << <i>Aside from the 1990 Score and Fleer supplemental/traded sets, nothing from 1990 has much value outside of some error cards. For the most part 1987 - 1992 was a wasteland in football, with the notable exception of 1989 Score.

Snorto~ >>

Awww.. Bad thing is that's EXACTLY when I got into cards as a kid. Collected everything those years (all sports) had to offer... which apparently wasn't much. image

<< <i>

<< <i>Aside from the 1990 Score and Fleer supplemental/traded sets, nothing from 1990 has much value outside of some error cards. For the most part 1987 - 1992 was a wasteland in football, with the notable exception of 1989 Score.

Snorto~ >>

Awww.. Bad thing is that's EXACTLY when I got into cards as a kid. Collected everything those years (all sports) had to offer... which apparently wasn't much. image >>

same here.

• << <i>I will pay you 20 for a Fred Marion error card >>

Sign me up as well. image
    imageimageimage
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Got to love the Santa Clause card!!

• << <i>I still have a few unopened boxes of this stuff. It is essentially worthless.

J >>

Why is it worthless?
    -Rome is Burning

• over produced..

only card worth anything is the Emmitt RC and then only if it is graded MINT 10.
  • eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭
    what about the lombardi hologram? thats a real tough pull.. and its only put in series 1 which is terrible. i've heard that there was only in 4 cases... i think the stanely cup holo is even tougher.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • 1990 Pro Set is a very nice set for the collector. The Lombardi Trophy hologram was one of the most wanted cards although the print run was 10,000, I believe. LOL...back then that was limited.
  • dealers will pay you to take this crap off their hands lol