Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1912s - were are they?

Dear all-

As we all know, I bought the The "Eliasberg" PCGC 1912P PR66RB from the Liston collection from Brian. The pop is 10-0.

Were are the PR66RBs?

Any direction would be apprciated.

I'm trying to include a photo - let's see if it works.

Duane

Comments

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    it's crazy as some don't even know about these forums muchless set registry

then there's those who do and for whatever reason remain ghosts to us here

i will add this thou duane...those 1912 pr66 rb's

they're in loving homes even if it's safe deposit box

it'd b neat if we saw a movement to compile a matte proof lincoln master book with 9 chaptersimage

these matty's aren't like once you've seen one you've seen them all....they have such diverse charactoristics
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

The registry shows there are 4 of them counting your coin but 6 are still MIA.
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • Options
    MIA- Yup. that's a good way to put. These MPL are mystery coins, Brian, for sure.

What does the group think? Teddy says they are held privately. What about grade inflation? Could there truly only be four in existance that have been submitted for upgrades and been denied, or cracked-out, and not part of the record? What is the general thinking?
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is Pete's (ESM) which I had the opportunity to image.

• Options
    it may not be a 66rb but i know where a 64rb will be pretty soon with some help from a friendimage
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Hi ChrisRX-

Sorry for the lapse - been on the road. Thank you, though. Ironically, you found a photo of the exact coin I was referring about as my recent purchase in Baltimore!! : )

But I cannot find others!! And by the way, Pete's 1912 is a monster!

Of interest to all MPL lovers also - I just wrote to Brian and robec (who is hopefully going to do some imaging for me too)......

"I looked around and happened to find an on-line catalog vendor who sold me the original "Louis E. Eliasberg, Sr. Collection" catalog from May 20-22, 1996, auctioned by Bowers and Merena, Inc. in New York City. The catalog is brand new, and has a description of the [1912] coin: "one of the finest seen". The catalog is a historical charge for me, and I also wanted to get an image of the catalog cover as well to share with our fellow MPL fanatics on the Registry Message Board because it's just cool."

Just wanted to share that with the group....

But still; where are the "10" top-dog 1912 PR66RBs ???????? 4 are accounted for......

Any theories??

• Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is Pete's (ESM) which I had the opportunity to image.

image >>

Bob,

Excellent job on capturing Pete's 1912, it is a stunner also
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • Options
    Bob-

You captured some serious detail on Pete's 1912. I can actually see the obverse 3 O'Clock vertical die stiations along the inner rim!

Impressive work!!

Duane
  • Options
    hey duane,
    wait till you see bob's super sized pix....he's just showing small stuff hereimage

this is a rev of my 11' done in bob supersized

• Options
    Wow. Looks like the World's biggest cookie : )