Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Missing Spec?

Wondering if anyone can help me out...

I recently purchased a 1992 O-Pee-Chee #402 Gary Carter for my Carter Master Set. The card is listed as part of the set and when I add it to my overall inventory it shows as having Spec #0131924020 associated with it.

However, when I try to assign the card to my Carter Master Set, the Spec # entry in the line for 1992 O-Pee-Chee #402 is blank and the card gets assigned to the wrong slot. It gets assigned to the slot for 1992 O-Pee-Chee #387, which also shows a blank Spec #.

I submitted the issue using the "Report a cert that should match this composite" link, but I'm not sure if that's the right path to follow. Is there a recommended way to get this issue addressed? Hopefully it doesn't take months like it does to get new cards added to the composite.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Brion

Comments

• Options
    Not sure if you know this, but the OPC set that year issued a four-card Gary Carter tribute subset that was not included in the Topps set. They were not numbered sequentially but rather the Carter cards took the place of some Topps All-Stars in the set.

The regular issue Carter card in that set, I believe, is #45. With the tribute cards numbering 387, 389, 399, and 402. The Topps cards in that set for those numbers are Ryne Sandberg All-Star, Barry Larkin All-Star, Wade Boggs All-Star, and Joe Carter All-Star.

This may be the confusion as I believe that PSA simply copied the Topps checklist for the OPC checklist without noting the discrepancies.
    Do You Collect image Baseball 1937,1965-94,2008-09?
    Or Regional Canadian Baseball Issues?
    Come be a contributor to the OPC Baseball Wiki. It's free and easy!
    OPeeChee.Wikispaces.Com