Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

picture of a few of the MPL guys from the ANA

Jonathan, Duane, Stewart and Brian checking out a few coins!

Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.

Comments

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats a Motley group!!!! LOL

Bet you guys had a blast.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pic. It's nice to see the faces behind the names. Out of curiosity, what coins are in Stewart's hands?
  • Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice pic. It's nice to see the faces behind the names. Out of curiosity, what coins are in Stewart's hands? >>

If I remember correctly its the 3 pieces I bought out of the Liston One collection.
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice! You guys going to Long Beach?
  • Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭

I will be attending the Long Beach show, I doubt any of my friends in the picture will be joining me at the show.
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    I am going to request those days in September off cause I would love to go.
  • Options
    You think this is motley? - Stewart, I will not show the photo of you holding a coin (an Eliasberg 1912, I believe, in it's slab, of course) in your teeth ... should I?

For those of you who have not had the pleasure of meeting Stewart Blay, Stewart is as down to earth and genuine as any person can be. But he is our very own numismatic celebrity (I realized this while watching him signing autographs, smoozing with everyone, kissing babies). I was amazed. He is just having fun! Stewart, sorry to throw you under the bus, but it's the truth. Like it or not, you are a celeb : ) And look at the pipes on the guy! He was a wrestler, like Abe Lincoln himself!

And we all had a blast. PCGS was fantastic, and B.J. Searles and her team were absolutely remarkable. -Well done!

I'm holding my new 1909VDB PCGS PR65RB (thank you to Jon, the Angels and Brian), which rounded out the collection, and feeling pretty good. The photograph was taken by renowned photographer Anne McCullagh of McCullagh Studios™. (wife of fellow collector (red MPL only) Jonathan Watkins, and in the photo - nice job, Anne). And of course, everyone knows the "Matte Man" Brian Wagner. How does one complete a high-level collection of MPL in less then 5 months (without buying a full set outright?). Talk with Brian......

I've changed the name of my collection - the coins may be officially RB an BN, but they are "toned" to me! And with a Blay, Eliasberg, Liston, Slattery, Epstein, Kelly, and Wagner in my collection (if I've forgotten or don't know of someone, please tell me), I have decided to go for a full heavy-hitter pedigree 'toned' set before I retire it, which will be soon, as I have completed what I set out to do. Anyone who would like to be a part of this, please PM or call me. I will swap, trade or work for pennies : ) But that is the plan.

Thoughts or comments on the idea??
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Stewart dancing with Gresshopper's MPLs?
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    Sounds like a movie, Rick. It's Stewart's native American name:

"Dances with MPLs" image