Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Completed my 1st registry set -- 1961 Golden Press (lots of scans)

Started this set a year ago at the Cleveland National and just completed it (all PSA 8 & 9; final GPA: 8.338). All 33 cards are HOFers and feature very attractive artwork. For a 47-year-old set, it's also remarkably inexpensive in high grade. Tough to beat such a combo of star-power and affordability in a vintage set. Here they are for those of you that may be unfamiliar with these beauties. Enjoy!

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the scans, those are very nice cards!

Congrats BTW..
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

My fave is the Bill Dickey.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    69Cubs69Cubs Posts: 150 ✭✭
    A great looking set, thanks for the scans!

Mike
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    I have had the full "book" of these cards as well as another raw set over the last 20 years. I like the looks of those cards in the PSA holders. If it ok I ask. what did this set cost you?? I am conisdering doing the same as you. I really like these cards.
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Wow, that is a gorgeous set. Very, very nice! Congrats.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Congrats - I think I noticed you bumped me down.
    I love that set too - it was the only card set you could get a Dizzy Dean in in the early 60's.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    paleocardspaleocards Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all of the compliments, fellas. In answer to mccardguy's question, I spent $1250 for the 33 slabbed cards (SMR value $2195). For most, you can get them for under 50% of SMR.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    great looking set congrats!!!! not bad finishing in a year.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options

<< <i>Thanks for all of the compliments, fellas. In answer to mccardguy's question, I spent $1250 for the 33 slabbed cards (SMR value $2195). For most, you can get them for under 50% of SMR. >>

Great looking set. Nice to see someone come and show a new set, rather than brag about having XXXX amount of high grade sets.
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CONGRATS
    very nice looking set, you should be proud to finish it in a reasonable amount of time also.

great scans
    thanks
    hank
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Sweet Stuff!!!!!!!!
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Great looking set. Its really hard to say , which one I like the best. Thanks for the scans and way to go on finishing the set.image
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Great looking set. I've had a raw set of these cards for more than 30 years and really like them. In fact I went out and got myself a raw president's set from the same year to go along with it.
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    That's a great looking set. Congrats on completing it. They look fantastic in the PSA holders.

I love those smaller sets you can build in PSA 8/9 for
    less than $2k.

Nice accomplishment!