Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

The usual suspects tag ROUND 2 - Tag is officially over - thanks all!

Update 10/24/08: The box is home, all present and accounted for! Thanks to all who participated.

===============================================

This tag is closed to new members for now, as the people who participated in my last tag are in for now. This may change later.

Tag Order, updated August 15

Since TC71 hosted the last tag, he gets the honors of first crack at the box, and he has it.

So, let's try this one again. If you want the box next, here's how the order will be determined: Guess the New York closing Bid price of gold on Monday, August 18 on www.Kitco.Com. The closest (over or under) to actual will get the option of the next ship, the next closest after that, and so on. You must post your guess by midnight Pacific Time, Sunday August 17 to go in the contest. For those who don't enter, I'll pull names at random.

If you pass on the box, you can go to the end of the line for another shot later. I may add additional coins to the box if it gets depleted too far. I do have a few surprises at all price levels. and then if you like, you can call for the box again.

The rest of the original post follows:

This tag is a little different. As all of you know, I delayed this one for a very long time. I have been looking at the direction that I am collecting, and have decided to focus and rifle shoot in a very few areas. So, some pretty nice coins have to go! The flip side to this is that I am only interested in an agonizingly few coins that, in some cases, I'll have to pay moon money for to get. So my primary goal here is to get a large enough war chest to go after the coins I want. The impact here is that I would likely rather sell these coins for cash, or swap for bullion that I can sell (I have a good and fair dealer to sell it to). My want list in the tag is very short, but if you have any of the coins, I'm interested, even if I have to swap my coins + cash for them.

In short, you get to preview a large box of coins for the cost of shipping them out - about $25.50

RULES: PLEASE READ! You should contact me if you have any questions.

VALUATION:
Values are established at approximate wholesale levels, not retail:
1. It will cost less to insure the box. All shipping MUST be registered mail, and insured for a wholesale value that I will determine using the greysheet as a baseline.
2. Some coins have larger wholesale to Price Guide spreads than others. If we have to sell, we would usually get wholesale.
3. Some coins will get a PQ premium, and others will get a slow market valuation discount.
4. Some coins are just plain slow right now, like commems and walkers. Others are "hot", like PCGS graded bust material, PCGS graded southern gold.
5. This will provide equity for anyone who wants to swap in junk silver, common slabbed gold widgets, and coins that are as liquid as cash. You also have the option of buying coins from the tag for the cash value, or cash + your coins.
6. Some coins are just not very marketable, and the "retail" levels are not at all reflective as to what could be obtained on sale to a dealer. Examples: Proof 1960's - 1970's coins, several of the peace dollars, modern commems.
7. When new coins come in, they will receive a value to equal the coins taken out. So, if 4 coins go out valued at $800, and 3 coins go in, the total value of the 3 will be set at $800.

PURCHASE AND JUNK SILVER TRADE OPTION:
You may purchase any coins in the tag for the stated prices. You may also exchange 90% silver at the Kitco closing bid X .67. For example, at $15.27 silver, your 90% silver coins are worth $10.23 x face value ($15.27 X .67 = 10.23). 40% silver halves, Canadian silver, etc can also be exchanged. PM me for details if interested.

SHIPPING, CUSTODY AND LOSS:
The wholesale value of the box is $3000.00. You are fully responsible for the care and custody of the coins in your possession. If the coins are lost or stolen, you will have to reimburse me for the full predetermined value of the box, $3,000.00, so, please be careful! The coins will be shipped REGISTERED and INSURED mail in a NEW, USPS FLAT RATE BOX, no exceptions. You can get free boxes from your PO or you can order them for free at the PO website. Do NOT ship "certified", and do NOT use UPS, Fed Ex, etc. These services do NOT over losses to coins! For those who have not shipped registered mail, you will need to get the paper tape and seal all edges of the box so the clerk can stamp each tape line. If you use the flat rate box, it's not too bad. The cost to ship registered and insure a $3000 flat rate box is about $25.00 anywhere in the 48 USA.

TURNAROUND:
The deadline to ship the box is Tuesday if you get it by the previous Friday. This gives you a weekend to evaluate and to get approval from the host. If there is a mail delay, or you need additional time, please contact me asap for a one week extension.

TRADES:
All coins going in and out must be approved via private message by me. All of us have traded before, and I'll be reasonable.

LEGAL:
I hate to have to post this, and I trust that this would not be the case with this group: In the event that someone does not ship the box, or loses or absconds with the coins, that person is fully and legally responsibile to make restitiution to me for the full stated value of the box, which is stated above, plus any legal and other reasonable costs incurred to collect. Any legal actions or legal disputes will be governed by California law, with any legal action taking place in California, unless the law dictates otherwise. All participants warrant that they are of legal age to make a contract.

HOLD ONTO THE COINS YOU TAKE UNTIL THE TAG IS OVER!
The tag will NOT be over and completed until I get the box back, and approve all coins put in it. For coins put in and taken before the box gets to me, they are automatically approved. This rule is for my protection - say if a coin is bad in some way, I want to be able to return it to the person who put it in. I would only do this in an extreme situation - counterfeit, whizzed, or other "bad" coin put in. I am not going to invoke it for low value or stuff close to melt value, etc.

My short want list is as follows:
PCGS graded pre WW2 commems in rattler holders
1851-O Three cent silver, original and problem free coins
1839-O Half, looking for a PCGS graded original skin VF or XF coin
Obverse MM 2.5 and 5 gold, looking for original skin PCGS graded VF or XF coins

I'll be ready to ship the coins by Saturday, August 9 if there is enough interest. See below for the preliminary box contents, I'll be making some additions and deletions this week.

Here are the participants from Round 1, and since it has been a long time and I'm changing things, please let me know your current interest.:

1 MorganHunter2 Confirmed in image

2 Cullenbryant Opted out image

3 TorinoCobra71 Confirmed in imageCompleted!

4 Boom Confirmed in imagePassing /B]

5 Slipgate

6 DocMortar Opted out image

7 BigJohnD Confirmed in image

8 eyoung429 Confirmed in imageCompleted!

9 Millertime Confirmed in imageCompleted!

10 bstat1020 Opted out image

11 BRdude Confirmed in image

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Comments

• Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Reserved for the current box status and current contents when we get going.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    See my last post to see who goes next!

TAG BOX CONTENTS - Updated 8/29/08:

The values shown are what what I am asking for the coins in a cash deal. Will swap for junk silver/gold at very competitive prices.

The verbal descriptions are my opinion, so please examine the coins yourself!

03938841 PCGS 3 Cent nickel, PCGS PR65. Lots of frost, but not a cameo. Was in a NGC PR66 holder, but it's really a PQ 65 in my opinion. $675
    21455253 PCGS Buffalo 5C, 1913 T-1, MS63 Beautiful and mark free skin, softness of strike limits grade $50 Taken by Millertime
    PCGS Mercury 10C 1939 PF 64 Old Green Holder white coin Priced at grey sheet bid $240
    9072830 PCGS Mercury 10C 1940 MS 65 Rattler Priced at $15 over bid at $37
    10818714 PCGS Mercury 10C 1941-S MS 64 Full Bands Priced at $5 over bid at $43
    1123167 PCGS Mercury 10C 1943-D MS 64 Full Bands Rattler at the swap in from a previous tag $50
    1102231 PCGS Mercury 10C 1944 MS 65 Rattler Bid is only $17, Priced at $32
    11347827 PCGS Standing Liberty 25C 1917 Type 2 AU58 Priced at mid way between AU and MS60 bid $130 Taken by Millertime
    588448-011 NGC Washington 25C 1941 PF66 $115

Morgans:
    2506402-001 NGC 1878-S MS61 Sharp blast white coin with some reeding hits accounting for the lower grade, unde rgraded in my opinion, Priced at $10 over MS60 bid at $60
    2506083-002 NGC 1879-S MS 63 A stunning blast white coin with original frost $45 Taken by eyoung429
    13856959 PCGS 1879-S MS63 Frosty coin with hints of toning developing. $45 [Taken by eyoung429]
    7789936 PCGS 1879-S MS64, Not PL designation, but a stunning frosty coin, debateable PL priced at $10 over bid at $48 Taken by eyoung429
    8163975 PCGS 1880-s MS64 Rattler Beautiful frosty coin $10 over bid at $48 (Bought by TC71)
    13322509 PCGS 1880-S MS63 $40 Taken by eyoung429
    22119574 PCGS 1881-CC MS64 Very clear fields, a small spot on the reverse at the A in STATES. Priced at MS64 bid of $525.
    13321815 PCGS 1884-O MS 62. Flashy to the max, I think its a PL, but not graded as such. $50 (Bought by TC71)
    1618635-026 NGC 1885 MS64 very attractive alligator skin obverse with some nice rim toning. $55 Taken by eyoung429

22119546 PCGS 1895-O VF35. Strong features and cler fields, but the coin does not have the dirty look I like in VF. Priced at bid, $425
    7562583 PCGS 1898-O MS 64 Old Green Holder. Creamy coin with some interesting green toning on reverse. Love it or hate it at bid, $55 Taken by eyoung429
    73573955 PCGS 1899-O MS65. Very nice surfaces with typical New Orleans trike. Priced at bid $157 (Bought by TC71)

Peace dollars:
    10728801 PCGS 1923 MS 63. It's original, because I broke the original roll. Very cool die cracks. $30 Taken by Millertime
    21942874 PCGS 1924 MS 62. $20

Eagle:
    Silver, 2007-W NGC-70 Early release, includes papers and box, but no capsule, $55 Taken by Millertime

GOLD:
    $2.5 Liberty 1878-S ANACS AU53 From BigJohnD at the end of the last tag, $250

Eyoung429's misc lot of silver stuff, $288

Millertime's 1937 Texas, PCGS MS65 Rattler, $265

Bargain bin coins left over from the last tag
    10537193 PCGS Franklin Half 1951-S MS63 Full Bell Lines Last tag value $55, discount to $45
    08683594 PCGS Kennedy Half 1967 MS66 SMS Last tag value $15, discount to $12

• Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    Kindly count me out at this time.

Thanks,

Brian
  • Options
    BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    PM sent also, I'm inimage
    AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]
  • Options
    chaser- call me on your next visit to the board- lets get the ball rollin..........

oh yeah 8/9 is tommorow!
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    D'oh ... HEY GUYS - SWAP THREAD!!!

Thanx CC image
  • Options
    Updated - see 1st post for tag order.

• Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭
    I am ready Clay, ship her on over to me!

TC71
  • Options
    BigJohnDBigJohnD Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    Hey bigdog,

I just read the post - no action - you doin a random draw then?
  • Options
    Man, I wanna have this contest! So, I updated the 1st post. BigJohnD, if you are the only entry and guess $10,000 per ounce, you can chose to be next! Winner gets to take or select his position in the rotation.

• Options
    I got the Tag Box.

TC71
  • Options
    Gary is done and is ready to ship! See list above.

• Options
    Go ahead and send it my way please.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    Anybody gonna arm wrestle Earl for it? TC wants to ship Monday!

If somebody else wants it too, I'll do a coin flip (nom time for a contest).

• Options
    I'll take 3rd place....
  • Options
    ClayChaser -

I wanna ship this thing today! (Sunday) and get the Tag Box outta S Fla. before that TS/Hurricane gets here. If the box gets stuck here during the storm (which is projected to strike MONDAY!) the box might be stuck here for upto a week!

PLEASE PM!

TC71
  • Options
    Hey, if it's my turn - send them on! It would be nice to go sorta up front for a change. image

I'm closer than Earl BUT, he's BIGGER than me.

If he wants them I'd go after HIM! image

Whatever. image
  • Options
    Gary will ship to Earl asap!

• Options
    Tag Box on the way to EYOUNG429.

Registered/Insured # RE363957079US

Thanks for Hosting the Tag, CC!

TC71
  • Options
    Received this am.....will go through this evening.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

• Options

<< <i>Received this am.....will go through this evening. >>

Yeah, right, It will be August 29th before we hear anything outta you again. imageimageimage

TC71
  • Options
    not true......see, it's not the 29th yet ....

• Options
    I think I'm NEXT, right?

If so, let me k now!

Ha, I'm a poet

& now I know it!

The Nocturnal One,

Der BOOMEISTER!image
  • Options
    BigJohnDBigJohnD Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    Hey - whenever
  • Options
    image I thought I called 3rd?
  • Options

<< <i>image I thought I called 3rd? >>

**** WOW *****

I am glad I got the box first, A three way fight to see who gets it next, Clay, you should be so lucky.

TC71
  • Options
    It really all depends on what eyoung429 puts IN the box.

I've totally misread this thing! I may not even take it at all - I dunno! image
  • Options
    Notice to ya'll: I'm out of state on vacation, back tomorrow.

Earl, find any coins in there that you like?

• Options
    Negotiating w/John.

btw...it's still not the 29th yet.....

• Options

<< <i>Negotiating w/John.

btw...it's still not the 29th yet..... >>

I will wager money that its not in the mail until the 30th.

imageimageimageimage

You know I got nuthin but love for ya, Earl. I am just screwin' with your mind!

TC71
  • Options
    HEY!!! No fair John.......I totally screwed the pooch on this one and WOULD have had the box out today...

Seeing as I am still out of work image I couldn't buy anything but there are a couple of coins in the box that I HAD TO HAVE so, I raided my junk piles and here is what John and I agreed on...

Taking the

7789936 pcgs ms64 1879 -S $48
    2506083 ngc MS64 1879 - S $45
    13322509 pcgs MS63 1880 - S $40
    7562583 pcgs MS64 1898 - O $55
    13856959 PCGS 1879-S MS63 - $45
    1618635 ngc MS64 1885 P - $55
    ----------------------------------------

Total $288.00

Putting in box

85 roosie and merc dimes -
    5 1964 Kennedy halfs
    1 1951 S Frankie
    4 quarters
    1 1893 Columbian half dollar cleaned
    11 Morgans - mixed dates
    2 SAE 2002 (one is a failed at experiment), the other is high ms
    1 peace dollar

$30 face value in 90% silver.

Box will be shipped on Tuesday when I am in town.

• Options
    Earl is done!

Now, who gets the box next? I have had several people asking, so the only fair way to do this is a contest! Here goes:

Guess my son's (TrainNut) football jersey number. Closest to the real number, plus or minus, gets the box next. Next closest gets the following shot at the box, and so on.

PM me with your guesses, so if there is a tie, I'll do a tie breaker.

Hint: He plays right nose gaurd on offense.

Deadline is 9 AM Pacific daylight time Monday!

• Options
    BAMM!

• Options
    JB - I can tell that you really know a whole lot about Football by the following:

" He plays right nose guard on offense"

WHAT!! ???image

Dude! NOSE Guard is a Defensive position and it's called Nose Guard/ Nose Tackle BECAUSE HE PLAYS DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE OPPOSING OFFENSE'S CENTER'S NOSE - OR "ON THE NOSE OF THE FOOTBALL!" Ifa Team DOES HAVE A TRUE NOSE TACKLE they have a 3 man Front with 4 LBs and 4 DBs.

There IS NO NOSE GUARD ON OFFENSE! From what I gather he plays Right Guard on OFFENSE and as such his number would then be 65 (Tween 60-70)

OR

His Team more than likely runs either a 4 Man Front on Defense ( 4 Defensive Down Linemen --- 3 Linebackers ... 4 Defensive Backs (highly unlikely at his age because boys that age generally DO NOT run a 4 DB Defense <2 Cornerbacks, Strong Safety & a Weak Safety> BECAUSE THEY ARE BEING TAUGHT THE BASICS ON HOW TO RUN THE BALL AND HOW TO STOP THE RUN!

Therefore it is most likely that his team runs a 4-4-3 ( 4 Down-linemen, 4 Linebackers filling the gaps (6 in the Box)(Right & left side Outside Backers either remaining stationary with the Inside Backers assigned to play the Strong & Weak sides (depending upon where the Offense's Tight End ligns up OR referred to as the Slotback/ Halfback/ Wingback - comes OUT the Backfield and lines up BEFORE the ball is snapped! Where HE GOES determines the Strong Side of the Offense's Formation!) AND 2 Cornerbacks with ONE Safety!(Bad Defense vs The Pass!)

Personally, I always prefer the 4-4-3 but this is contingent upon whether the Offense is a RUNNING TEAM vs a Passing Team!

At any rate - 2 things here. 1) There IS NO SUCH POSITION AS RIGHT NOSE GUARD. If a Team has a True NOSE TACKLE - USUALLY A REALLY BIG GUY TO PLUG UP THE MIDDLE - They then use 2 Defensive Ends ( a 3 Man Front with either 4 Linebackers & 3 DBs OR 3 Linebackers with 4 DBs) Most - either way you look at it play (either way) 7 men up front - ON DEFENSE. Man, I could talk Football as much if not more than I do coins or drums!

2) NEVER HIT ANYTHING WITH YOUR HEAD DOWN! PEOPLE GET SERIOUSLY INJURED DOING THIS! Ask Bingham!

You got the word "Nose" in there therefore I am surmising he plays on Offense and YOU'RE CONFUSED!image

OK - ENUFF FOOTBALL & I'M USING CAPS CAUSE I CAN'T FIND MY GLASSES!

DID YOU GET ALL THAT? Simply put - there IS NO Right NOSE Guard on Offense - If he plays Offense he plays Right Guard (PERIOD)- and UNLESS HE WANTS A SCREWED UP NECK FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE - Tell him to ALWAYS KEEP HIS EYES OPEN AND HIS HEAD UP!

NEVER "hit" WITH HEAD DOWN (Where IS Greg Bingham - Monsterman - HE KNOWS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!) Want a "stinger or WORSE? HIT SOMEONE WITH HEAD DOWN JUST ONCE .... REAL HARD & I GUARANTEE HE WON'T DO IT AGAIN, ANYTIME SOON! People get injured severely for hitting with their heads DOWN!

BROTHER! I;m DEAD SERIOUS! When that nerve gets pinched an HellFire runs down the neck all the way to his BUTT - in SLOW MOTION < like stubbing your toe> AND BURNS LIKE NOTHING HE'S EVER FELT BEFORE, I GUARANTEE HE WILL BE HITTING WITH HEAD UP AND EYES WISE OPEN FOR THE REST OF HIS PLAYING DAYS!

Right Guard - 65! (Offense)

Defense - 4 Down Linemen - 2 Guards, 2 Tackles or Defensive Ends - I STILL GO W 65!

BOOM KNOWS FOOTBALL! image
  • Options
    MillertimeMillertime Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
    Whatever Boom said. Actually I really, really don't like football (sorry guys) so I know absolutely nothing about different formations. I trust Boom though so I'll throw a guess of 68 out there.

Wherever I end up I'm hoping the SLQ is still there. It would make a nice match to the 1917 T1 AU58 that I have.

Millertime
  • Options

<< <i>BOOM KNOWS FOOTBALL >>

BOOM better know GUSTAV image

• Options
    Oh, BOOM be watchin' GUSTAV REAL CLOSE- LIKE, I assure you.

BOOM also be watchin' HANNAH and the NEXT 2 coming off the West African Coast right NOW!

Now ... BOOM seen a lotta stuff in his time but Bros, FOUR HURRICANES IN A ROW would be TOTALLY MAD!

It would definitely be time to make sure ALL the weapons are loaded and ready!

I may open my doors to help people but there ARE some crazy enuff people out here already!

A Christian man played "Good Samaritan" here recently. His "Thank you" was being brutally murdered and robbed by the very guy he helped!

You can bet the Farm, that ain't happenin' AT MY HOUSE BOYS!!

Preparations have already commenced.

Y'all pray for us, OK!image
  • Options
    Oh! Forgot to mention - it's "8 man" football, used by smaller schools.

• Options
    This is like work-

I think I'll bow out, not enough time in a day to deal with small stuff.

Have at it guys.

• Options
    Bearing Hurricane GUSTAV's proximity in mind, either send the box elsewhere

or wait a few days to see how we fare.

A little prayer for us certainly would be appreciated.

Take care all.

BOOM
  • Options
    OK - Millertime is next!

His guess was #68, and TrainNut's number is 85.

• Options
    John call me during the day- best after 9:00 a.m. - my quiet time since its break time.

enjoy the tag y'all..
  • Options
    Ok, on the way to Shane..

boxed, tagged and insured

RE314235295US

• Options
    Contest summary:

The correct number is 85 for TrainNut. So I have the following people, closest number first:
    1. Millertime
    2. Boom
    3. MorganHunter

• Options
    That was fast!! The package arrived today so I'll spend the weekend reviewing and get it out next week.

Millertime
  • Options
    I'm in discussions with the boss so the package will go out on Tuesday.

Millertime