Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

paypal question

Ten days ago I bought a item off ebay and the money has been taken out of my bank account but it is unclaimed. I went to my Paypal account and it says the seller is unregistered. I got a Email today asking for feedback. T told him once he claims the funds the transaction is complete. What gives?
USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.

Comments

• Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    He may need to switch from a "personal account" to a "premier/business account."

If you received the item, you are good to go.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    Thanks- what happens to the money if he never claims it he is a new seller. Mike
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    earlycalguyearlycalguy Posts: 1,247 ✭✭
    I believe it sits there. I had $9 sent to another email address which was not set up for paypal. the money sat there for 4 years. last month I opened a paypal account with that email address and withdrew the money.

but yes Storm is correct, you probably used a debit or credit card to pay and the person is only set up for a personal paypal account.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Yes, PayPal would be happy to have other-folk's money parked in PP's hands for DECADES.

The circumstance allows for a good parking spot, if you have money
    in the PP account that you do not want to send to a bank account
    BUT want to fund a purchase with a credit card.

Simply send the cash in your PP account to a new email addy
    that you set up. It will sit in limbo until you reject it and it goes
    back to your PP account.

While the money is in the phantom email, your credit card payment
    can be set as the default each time you make a payment.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.