Home U.S. Coin Forum

Questions for Baltimore Natives

1) Are there any cheap hotels like a Red Roof Inn within 1 mile of the convention center, if so what are the names?

2) I will be arriving at Haines street and walking down Russell to Pratt Street, is this a bad area? Should I take a cab?? I walk 4 miles a day and walking is not a problem for me, but if it is a bad area and then I have no problem grabbing a cabee.

3) After the show on Saturday I plan on hanging out in the downtown area, where will be the best place to go that is near the convention center. I heard the Harbor was a hot spot, anywhere else? Just want to do a little sight seeing, but don't have much time.

Comments

• FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    I live 85 miles from Baltimore but I think all the cheap Hotels sell rooms in 20 minute blocks.
  • I walk 4 miles a day and walking is not a problem for me

Do NOT walk in Baltimore during a Coin Show, take a cab.
  • ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    I'm staying about 1 mile from the city center in a newer & clean hotel for $69 / nite with a free shuttle to the convention center.
    I just finished the free breakfast bar and have free internet in the room.
    If you want better for less, I dunno where you might go.
  • 1) You likely won't find better than ebaytrader described. High demand for downtown hotels during the summer with equally high rates.

2) You must be coming in on bus then... It is actually a safe walk. But don't. It's going to be / IS humid as can be. You'll be a nasty sweaty mess. Spring the $5 for the cab ride. It'll be worth it. IF you do decide to walk cut through the large parking lot once you pass M&T Bank stadium on your right and then Camden Yards will be to your left. The convention center will then be dead ahead. Plus for our crappy schools we make up for it with some sweet stadiums!

3) If you don't have much time just hang by the Inner Harbor. There is a little bit of everything there to see without spreading it thin. It's Baltimore 101.

I'll be there by Noon for another 2 hours. I didn't get my fix yesterday.
  • I went to Baltimore for an Orioles game exactly this time two years ago.

Me and 3 friends were scheduled to stay in a two double bed room at the Tremont plaza, but when we got there they had apparently overbooked due to comic-con (or something like that) being at the convention center.

Long story short, they bumped us up to the nicest suite I have ever stayed in. It had 2 bed rooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, and living room....all for $139.
  • Ebaytrader, what is the name of the hotel? That sounds perfect, what I have booked right now is $79 for a red roof inn that is 8 miles from the convention center. Everything close within a mile or two was $179 and up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file