Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Official Box Break thread of......ANYTHING!

Yes, there are threads for everything Allen and Ginter as well as Topps Heritage and understandably, that's where the box breaks of those products go....as they should. This thread is basically a place where you can share the latest box that you opened, without cluttering up the boards. It can be a $10 box from 1988 or a $200 box of Upper Deck Black.

Maybe it'll stick around or maybe it won't, who knows. I'll start it though.

I went to the shop today just to have a look around. I found a few boxes of 05 Diamond Kings that he had on a shelf that I had never seen in the shop before. I've opened a box of it before, and paid about $55 delivered. He had them for $50 at the shop, so figured I might as well grab a box. Plus, I didn't have enough for Ginter ($90).

Rodriguez is a red framed #'d out of 100. The Pudge is a blue frame, #'d out of 50. The base red framed cards are just parallels but are not numbered. However, the Schilling is #'d out of 100.

The Roberts is #'d out of 25 and the Henderson is #'d out of 100. The others are just your basic inserts.

Comments

• Options
    pm sent for base cards
  • Options
    TJMACTJMAC Posts: 864 ✭✭
    Nice cards. Though, Garvey should be in a Dodgers uniform. I don't rip boxes, but will enjoy this thread.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice cards. Though, Garvey should be in a Dodgers uniform. I don't rip boxes, but will enjoy this thread. >>

Thought the same thing about Garvey. But when you read the back of his card (I'm one of the few that still do that), it says that his "Crowning Moment" is when he broke the NL record for consecutive games played, in '83, and when he won the 1984 NLCS MVP with the Padres.
  • Options
    Garvey should be in the bulls-eye of a dart-board image

Of course....I'm a Giants fan.....
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    I plan on picking up a few boxes at the show on satureday. If I wanted to spend $50 on two boxes what would give me the most bang for the buck. I would like to rip one football and one baseball or basketball. I'd like the chance to pull a vintage (Jordan, Ripken, mays, E.Smith,Montana ext.) auto/GU too. Are there any boxes that you could recomend that would give me the best chance of pulling something like that in my price range. Nice thread by the way. I look forward to post some scans after I rip.
  • Options

<< <i>I plan on picking up a few boxes at the show on satureday. If I wanted to spend $50 on two boxes what would give me the most bang for the buck. I would like to rip one football and one baseball or basketball. I'd like the chance to pull a vintage (Jordan, Ripken, mays, E.Smith,Montana ext.) auto/GU too. Are there any boxes that you could recomend that would give me the best chance of pulling something like that in my price range. Nice thread by the way. I look forward to post some scans after I rip. >>

TriStar Hidden treasures. Invest everything you have in them. image
    imageimageimage