Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

A positive CU thread

It seems lately all we have had on here are threads regarding the "dark" side of the hobby and anymosity amongst users. I know there is a long running thread regarding feedback for deals between board members but could not find it. Thought I would throw this on here.

I have given away numerous cards to different members and have also received many free cards from numerous people. Not to mention that I have bought a lot of raw and graded cards on the BST board and never had a problem. Yet, no one ever seems to post anything about these positive transactions. Ron's thread about quitting the hobby made it even more obvious. The negativity always seems to be upfront but never any mention of the good stuff that goes on in the hobby, especially on this board.

Feel free to go ahead and drop a quick story of a positive transaction with another board member or involving the hobby in general.

Comments

• Its human nature to talk about the negative.

Thousands of transactions go off on Ebay daily without a problem we only hear about the bad ones.

I was taught a long time ago if you upset one customer you loses 13 through word of mouth. You please one customer they might tell 3 people. You never hear anyone talk about the great experience they had at Wal-Mart, however you let something go wrong its on..
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Here's a positive for you...I finished my A&G set in record time thanks to Rube, ParkerJ and poguemahone. Those guys rule! I like this hobby because of guys like that.
  • CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I will beat up everyone that replies to this thread.

• << <i>I will beat up everyone that replies to this thread. >>

You've never seen me.....I play with 50 pound dumbells.
  • I just had a super fast transaction with Bob a.k.a downtown1974 from the boards. That's a positive for me.

Dave D.
  • leadoff4leadoff4 Posts: 2,392
    Bob is a good dude... lawnmowerman, do a good deed and send me that '70 Bench All-Star!!
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bob is a good dude... lawnmowerman, do a good deed and send me that '70 Bench All-Star!! >>

Not mine. I just stole the scan.

• << <i>

<< <i>Bob is a good dude... lawnmowerman, do a good deed and send me that '70 Bench All-Star!! >>

Not mine. I just stole the scan. >>

That's not positive. Put it back.
  • Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dave and Neal, Thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure dealing with you guys as well. I love buying and trading with board members versus ebay. For me its more personal, and its a great way to form relationships with people.
  • After I'd been a board member just a little while and I noticed that we had a member that pretty much only collected Emet Smith. Well being a fellow Dallas Cowboy fan I thought maybe I had some that he needed since I've always seemed to collect oddball cards. Well in October of last year I gladly sent him some cards since they were probably more important to him then I. But after sending him the cards, not expecting anything in return, I began getting Smith rc's and even a raw one that graded a BGS 9 that replaced the crappy SGC 88 that I had. Well every once and a while I would send him emails regarding Ebay auctions that he may had been interested in and he even ended up being my Secret Santa. Of course I received more Smith cards but graded this time along with some Aikman cards. A very good Christmas for me. Jan was the last of the pm's that we exchanged, why I don't know, now fast forward to around the first week of June when I was about to pulled the trigger on a Beckett Marketplace buy of a 2000 CE Supreme Ricky Williams PSA 9 card. For some reason I decided to wait.
    On June the 12th I received a card in the mail and I was very puzzled because I didn't think I had purchased the card or won an Ebay auction. Until I looked at the return address.
    LMM MUST BE ABLE TO READ MINDS OVER GREAT DISTANCES
    Thanks Jay. I am pretty cool, I'll admit it

• rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i am not going to steal the scan than matt stole image-then illl pass it to lee
  • I would like to retract my last post.image
    But really you are and I'm glad I came across the PSA message board. You have made my day many times.image
  • detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭✭
    <<deleted because it just wasn't nice>>
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You've never seen me.....I play with 50 pound dumbells. >>

You play with Paris Hilton?

Steve
  • Lets just do our thing and talk about what we love
    -Rome is Burning

• rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    ok-i love the new bush's grillin beans -anybody else?image
  • Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ok-i love the new bush's grillin beans -anybody else?image >>

Rube, I agree. I had some last night with dry rubbed ribs and corn bread. They really are good.
  • A few props from my side:

nam812 for some Dale Murphy cards

ymarea - bought some NRMT/MT 1972 Topps baseball for raw set, then he sent me some more for free

Clemaz - Box of 1999 Topps my son busted with me

Estil - Nice trade for 1978 Topps Ryan and 1975 Munson

EchoCanyon - 1989 Topps set for my son

fattymacs - NRMT/MT 1978 Topps baseball hole fillers

HeritageAddict - Made a 1960 & 1963 Topps card of my son with his Little League photos

There are too many to mention that I have purchased cards from without any issues.

• RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Since I went the other way a couple of days ago, I feel compelled to respond. Maybe the best way is to just say the following folks and many more are great collectors and I've enjoyed buying, selling, trading, and talking with them: bosox76, treetop, lsutigers73, originalisbest, rajah424, downtown1974 (great guy), flintboy, leadoff4, perkdog, goose3, dude, jvette, and the list goes on and on and on.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have a total of 419 transactions on ebay - don't sell - but for the most part - have enjoyed truly great buys.

I have traded some with board members and again had a superb experience.

Thanx
    mike
    Mike
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    stone is one of the best in the bidness, always enjoy his opinions. stown, nam, and Lee are all solid. Estil and Echo too.

RB
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

<< <i>I would like to retract my last post.image
    But really you are and I'm glad I came across the PSA message board. You have made my day many times.image >>

• Matt, I think the memories of the Brokeback Mountain night has him excited

<< <i>Matt, I think the memories of the Brokeback Mountain night has him excited >>

• mandeldmandeld Posts: 350 ✭✭
    I have had positive transactions with all of the people you see below, and have never had a negative transaction on these boards. That's an pretty darn good success rate.
    Successful transactions with: vintagetoppsguy, packman, barndog, Big80s, MurphDawg, BrackAttack, mealeworm, Publius, Whiteshoes, bigredone, rube26105, ledsters, reelinintheyears, digicat, themetalsign, OSClabs, 1420sports, bighurt2000, MeteoriteGuy, lsutigers1973, skier07, Machodoc, gameusedhoop, tennesseebanker, Downtown1974, CGeorge, Salinas, corvette1340, lbcoach20, initialD, IJustLoveCards, TedSimmonsFan, Goldlabels, Lothar52, bigred1, Bosox1976, itzagoner, svtPONY95

• << <i>Matt, I think the memories of the Brokeback Mountain night has him excited >>

That sentence speaks volumes regarding yourself.image

• << <i>

<< <i>I will beat up everyone that replies to this thread. >>

Meet me at the flag pole.

image >>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That is the guy that likes to flip cars .

I am scared to death of that guy .

I have nightmares about this guy comin to get me
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    This thread offends me.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • leadoff4leadoff4 Posts: 2,392
    I also have to give props to bosox1976... I've had 2-3 positive transactions with him as well.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had nothing but positive experiences here on the boards (and I've done deals - trading, buying, and selling - with what seems like half of the board over the past few years). Won some generous contests and held a few myself. Paid it forwards and paid it back.

While ebay may be slowly turning into a festering den of theives, this board is not. Am proud to be a regular here.
    Mike
    Bosox1976