Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Help on buyer from Ukraine on ebay.

I have a question on one of my auctions from a guy in the Ukraine. Here is what he asked:

HI.
I am from Ukraine. I do not have PayPal account.
Please enable me to pay via Western Union Money Transfer. It is simple to use.
OR please enable me to pay via www.moneybookers.com It is simple to use.
If you receive money via www.moneybookers.com that You can transfer money to your VISA card or to your bank account.
www.moneybookers.com is like PayPal.
K.O.

He has over 1240 feedback. 16 neutrals and 4 negs in the last 12 months. What would you do? -Dan

Comments

• Options
    zeebobzeebob Posts: 2,825
    I would block him from my auction.

four negs in the last 12 months? Ouch.
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    No a chance, I assume you had mentioned payment methods in your auction. If he is not doing one of them then no deal.
  • Options
    mrpotatoheaddmrpotatoheadd Posts: 7,576 ✭✭
    I received payment from a buyer in Chile last year through the Western Union Money Transfer service. I don't remember all he details, but it was pretty painless- I filled out a "Receive Money" form, showed them my driver's license, and walked out with the cash.

About the negs- that might be more worrisome, depending on what they're for.
  • Options
    moneybookers is a legitimate alternative to PayPal, especially when dealing with the eastern European buyers/sellers. I have an account, and have had no problems using it to make several purchases. (my only complaint is that my bank recognizes the debit card transactions as "international transactions" and charges me a nominal fee for making the deposits into my moneybookers account) I have only used it for purchases, so I am not familiar with the process of withdrawing funds from my moneybookers account.
    I'm not afraid to die
    I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it

• Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    I think western union is not a bad alternative. You go to your local western union store, give them the transfer code, show an ID, and walk out with cash. I had a buyer from russia send over a thousand via western union, and you should have seen the look I received from the worker. All things considered, this seems the least prone to scams, and you have all the negotiating power in the transaction once the cash is received. Paypal is just the opposite in my eyes.
  • Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

WU is the way to go. Very easy and no charges to receive. Many convenience and grocery stores will process your WU inward remittance.

• Options
    HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭
    I've used WU and moneybooker before with no problems, but you do need to set up a money bookers account to use it, and if using WU make sure you get the payment code from him and withdraw the money before sending the coin.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically speaking he should have asked you about payment before the auction ended. Depending on the amount of the auction and whether you want to deal with it again, you might take the advice and set up a moneybookers account and take the payment that way. I know you can send paypal payments to Ukraine, because I send them all the time. I buy lots of stuff from Ukraine and will be going back in a couple of months.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. He is looking at one of my store auctions. I sorta can't get past the neutrals though. -Dan
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    I've used Western Union money transfer from some Russian buyers in the past, as well as other countries that I cannot obtain insurance coverage to.

They send money. I go to local grocery store and get the cash. I then ship coin. No chargeback possibility. No fees for me to get the money.

Painless.