Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Manny Traded

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Where is this comming from? I know Girffey got traded but I havn't heard anything on Manny.
  • Options
    Really? I thought he was going to the Marlins
  • Options
    Cnnsi is reporting it..
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Info on the Sports Talk Forum.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    It's true. Dodgers send prospects to Pitt. Pitt sends Bay to BOS. Manny to LA
  • Options
    Yep. Glad the Dodgers didnt give up Ethier or Kemp as I previously heard rumored.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    What is up with Pittsburg?? First Nady now Bay??
  • Options

<< <i>What is up with Pittsburg?? First Nady now Bay?? >>

They are being Pittsburg..
  • Options
    relaxedrelaxed Posts: 569
    I'm a big Dodger fan but depending on who they had to give up plus how he will fit in and get along with the Dodger organization these are questions that will be need to be answered. There is alot of pressure for the big market teams to win.
    Collecting 1955 Topps BB
  • Options
    Bay is going to fit in nicely in Boston.
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    those pleasant grove hawks must be tired from playing the baseball championship every single day throughout the summer, how about an update on them in the sports card and memorabilia forum instead of the sports TALK forum too?
  • Options
    Boston gave up quite a bit just to get rid of Manny.

Yeah, they got Bay back, but they also had to give up two prospects in addition to Manny.
  • Options

<< <i>those pleasant grove hawks must be tired from playing the baseball championship every single day throughout the summer, how about an update on them in the sports card and memorabilia forum instead of the sports TALK forum too? >>

Don't like it don't read it.. Nobody asked you top open the topic did they? Its more sports related than many other topics here. So give us an update on minding your own business.
  • Options
    Manny and Torre should be an interesting show. Now the Pirates just need to get rid of McLouth and they will be an official AA minor league team. So SAD
  • Options

<< <i>I'm a big Dodger fan but depending on who they had to give up plus how he will fit in and get along with the Dodger organization these are questions that will be need to be answered. There is alot of pressure for the big market teams to win. >>

Dodgers gave up Bryan Morris and Andy LaRoche.

Morris- Dont know much about him but I bought his auto card for like a buck.

LaRoche- Now with C. Blake,Dewitt and Nomar for 3rd we dont need LaRoche.

*edited- as "dont need" sounds better than "done need".
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    ahhhhhhhhhhh this Manny trade is the best thing for the yankees as well , what a impact this is going to make in the American east division . Bay is very good but there is noway he gives Ortiz the protection in the lineup that Ramirez did . Ortiz benifited from Manny and now he is gone what happens now , you have to watch to find out
    640K ought to be enough for anyone.
    -Bill Gates,1981

"With hurricanes,tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another,& with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks,"Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?"" Jay Leno 2006

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I think I'm happy about this. I think.

In essence, the Dodgers landed Manny and Casey Blake for four prospects. The catcher we gave up in the Blake trade is projected to be special, but he was blocked by Russell Martin. As Donovan said, LaRoche became expendable by the addition of Blake, plus the unexpected rise of our other Blake (DeWitt). Throw in Nomar when he's healthy (which ain't often) and unfortunately LaRoche was out of the Dodgers' plans. He was projected for big things in LA, but when given the chance, he was underwhelming.

So again, I think I'm happy. We'll see what happens when Manny brings his own brand of drama to the Dodgers. He joins an already crowded outfield, but I'm thinking this gives Torre all he needs to finally bench Andruw Jones. Move Kemp to center, and platoon Ethier and Pierre in right. Heck, maybe Kemp, Ethier and Pierre all platoon center & right.

Wow, the Dodgers have a bat. A real, bonafide bat. Not sure how to handle this.
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    As a Red Sox fan, I am not going to lose any sleep over Manny being dealt.

Being from PA, I watch enough Pirates baseball to know that Bay isn't a downgrade at all....especially since Bay plays hard and plays everyday.

Assuming the Red Sox weren't picking up Manny's option, they get an extra year out of Bay.

I am sure the LaRoche brothers are happy.
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Dodger's needed something to cheer themselves up after losing their #1 draft pick to season ending surgery.....

Back on topic though. The Red Sox got what they wanted, Manny OUT and Bay NOT in a Rays uniform.